Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > July Birthdays LIH 2018

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melinda (last edited Jul 16, 2018 09:15PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Halfway thru the year! A start to a new month and new birthdays!
Hi, everyone! It is July and the start of a new month.
Patty Smith Hall's birthday is July 4th
Merrilee and Christina Rich July 6
Jan D- July 10
Keli on july 17th
Eva Maria on July 22

If you know of any others ,please let the group know.

Remember that 2018 LIH Cover Game July 9th-13th is coming .

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I will put up red, blue and white banners for the 4th and for Patty Smith Hall's birthday .

Here in the States we are getting ready to celebrate the birthday of our nation so we can celebrate all week.
I will put the ice tea ,and lemonade in the refrigerator for tomorrow. I have set up the coffee to come on and different coffee maker that only has hot water so if you prefer hot tea it is on a timer as well. I put an ice cream cake in the freezer until we are ready

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments July 4th is a busy day so I will put hot dogs and hamburgers in the ice box so we can have a cookout. What do you like to grill? I figured solid food would be nice .
Happy Birthday to The United States and a
Belated birthday to Canada.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday to Patty Smith Hall! Enjoy the day.

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday to Patty Smith Hall. Have a wonderful day.

I've put lemon mousse in the refrigerator for after the grill fest. I like to make foil packages of diced potatoes with butter and seasonings also corn.

Happy birthday America! Our dog is frightened of the noise of the fireworks so we'll be watching them from afar tonight.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Patty! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Patty!

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Birthday Patty Sorry I am late. Adding apple pies.

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments A belated Happy Birthday, Patty! What a fun day to celebrate. Hope you had a spectacular day.

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Changing banners to banners in colorful shades of Blues while the tablecloths are changes to a festive blue/white with balloons.
Checking and cleaning up from our cookout.

We have a double birthday today, July 6!

Happy Birthday, Merrilee and Christina Rich !

I am adding a fruit salad to the table and a marble cocoa cake.

Have a wonderful day.

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Merrilee and Christina! I'm adding a fresh cherry pie, a local favorite. There's vanilla ice cream for those who like their pie ala mode.

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Merrilee and Christina! I'm making Orange Julius to stay cool.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments 🎂Happy Birthday, Merrilee!
Happy Birthday, Christina! 🎈

message 14: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Becky wrote: "Happy, Happy Birthday, Merrilee and Christina! I'm making Orange Julius to stay cool."

That sounds interesting and anything that helps to stay cool is a plus.

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Melinda wrote: "Becky wrote: "Happy, Happy Birthday, Merrilee and Christina! I'm making Orange Julius to stay cool."

That sounds interesting and anything that helps to stay cool is a plus."

It's made from orange juice, milk, honey, and crushed ice, all blended together. When our children were young, it was something we often made on Sunday evenings to go with our snacks, while we played family games. It is refreshing!

message 16: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy belated birthday, Merrilee and Christina. I'm sorry for being late with my best wishes. I hope you both had wonderful days!

message 17: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Straightening up for our next birthday on Monday , July 10. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Hanging new banners in different shapes of green for Jan D.

I have added carrot cake with sour cream icing to the tables with green tablecloths. the drinks are replenished. the coffeepot and the coffeepot for hot water are on a timer so they will be ready,
whenever you get here. I also have ice water in a pitcher on the table.

Happy Birthday. Jan D! Enjoy your special day.

message 18: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Yum! Carrot cake is one of my favorites!

I see there are no birthdays today so I'll stop in tomorrow. Meanwhile, Wendy Sparkes has started the LIH cover game. It's a blast playing. Come on over and play with us, ladies!

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Jan D! It's hot here, so I've brought some iced tea and lemonade to go with that delicious carrot cake.

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Jan! Too hot to cook, so I will bring no bake cookies.

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Jan! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I had some men bring over the ice shaver and some blocks of ice.
I put a variety of fruit juice concentrate out so we can make our own shaved ices!
Check the picture in the photos section.

message 22: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments happy birthday ladies

message 23: by Melinda (last edited Jul 10, 2018 08:46PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea wrote: "Happy Birthday, Jan! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I had some men bring over the ice shaver and some blocks of ice.
I put a variety of fruit juice concentrate out so we can make our own shaved..."

Andrea Just what we need with this hot weather. I love the photo of the ice shaver.

message 24: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Christine wrote: "Happy birthday, Jan D! It's hot here, so I've brought some iced tea and lemonade to go with that delicious carrot cake."

The carrot cake looks wonderful. In this heat can never have enough cool drinks.

message 25: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging the banners for our next birthday. They are yellow and green..

Happy Birthday, Keli! Have a wonderful day!

I have put a vegetable tray with vegetables from the garden with dip. It is just too hot to cook. Pick your favorite dip because they are in the refrigerate because it is so hot. I have put ice in the ice bucket.

message 26: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments 💜💜💜Happy Birthday, Keli!💜💜💜

message 27: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Keli! Wishing you a wonderful day and an even better year.

I've brought a variety of cupcakes, all with pretty flower decorations.

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Keli!!!!! I'm bringing a heaping tray of fresh fruit to add to the table. Also bringing our homemade apple cider slushies.

message 29: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Keli! Hope your day is fantastic!

message 30: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Becky wrote: "Happy, Happy Birthday, Keli!!!!! I'm bringing a heaping tray of fresh fruit to add to the table. Also bringing our homemade apple cider slushies."

Apple cider slushies sound good.

message 31: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments happy birthday to all I have missed.

message 32: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and getting ready for our last birthday of the month.
Hanging new banners in summer pastel colors . The table cloths are decorated with summer pastel colors and wildflowers too. The drinks are refreshed but as hot as it is the more kinds ,the more likely we are to stay hydrated. There is plenty of ice as well in the freezer.

Happy Birthday, Eva Marie!
Have a wonderful day. I hope you are doing something special.
I am putting a Maryland Peach Cake on the table.

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Eva Marie!

message 34: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Eva Marie!!!!!!

message 35: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Eva Marie!

message 36: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Oh, dear, the room is all cleaned up and waiting for August. I'm so sorry I've missed the last two birthdays. Happy birthday Keli, and Eva Marie!

message 37: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bookwormrdh) | 4 comments Www

message 38: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thanks for cleaning up everyone. It was a busy month and the new month looks busy. Do not forget to check and see the event that Dorothy has planned for August.