Books on the Nightstand discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General chat > What are you reading July 2018

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2854 comments Mod
Reading The Names Of Dead Girls (Canaan Crime #3) by Eric Rickstad The Names Of Dead Girls and Washington D.C. by Gore Vidal Washington D.C. and listening to Robin by Dave Itzkoff Robin and Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston Their Eyes Were Watching God

Hard to believe that 2018 is half over.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 11 comments I finally finished Sapiens Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind and have returned to Blood of the Isles which I started last summer then abandoned. Blood of the Isles It's about the genetic history of the UK.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

message 7: by Julie (last edited Jul 08, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 286 comments I started Jodi Picoult's Small Great Things and so far, very good. She really gets into the head of a white person's opinion of/reaction to prejudice, and (probably) a black person's feelings in response to daily, smaller injustices. Outstanding writer. I've resisted her books before because of, well, "popular fiction."

message 10: by C. John (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments Currently reading The Church - Maintained in Truth A Theological Meditation by Hans Küng by Hans Kung. I have to read a book by an international author for our library's Summer Adult Reading Challenge. Methinks a book by a German theologian qualifies.

message 11: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 821 comments now listening to Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman . Listened to The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn .

message 13: by Britany (new)

Britany | 609 comments Finished Lucky Dog Lessons Train Your Dog in 7 Days by Brandon McMillan by Brandon McMillan

I'm ready to start testing it out!
My Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments A Darkness Absolute
#2 in the Rockton series,,I recommend this series

message 15: by Sharman (new)

Sharman (dsei) | 45 comments I just finished the audio version of The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen Age 83 1/4. I loved this book and highly recommend it. It tells of a year in the life of Hendrik Groen, a resident of a nursing care facility in the Netherlands. The book is full of moments that are funny, bittersweet, and endearing.

message 17: by Britany (new)

Britany | 609 comments Finished Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage by Zoje Stage

I didn't like this one.... mer

My Review:

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2854 comments Mod
Started listening to A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza A Place for Us

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments ReaddingBring Her Home

message 20: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 66 comments Just finished The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century. Loved it. Now I am reading Sleeping in the Ground for book club. Unlikely to finish by our meeting tomorrow.

message 21: by Britany (new)

Britany | 609 comments Ooh Linda- looking forward to your thoughts on that one!

message 22: by Britany (new)

message 23: by Britany (new)

Britany | 609 comments Finished The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui by Thi Bui - 4 Stars

Incredible memoir told via graphic novel.

My Review:

message 25: by Sumant (new)

Sumant Bakshi (sumant_bakshi) Finished Dune by Frank Herbert. Any ideas about Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman??

message 26: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliceleew) | 6 comments The Obesity Code, The Complete Guide to Fasting, Lies My Doctor Told Me.

message 27: by Debbie (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.