What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > This book is about dolls who come to life when a little girl leaves her room and I think they hang out in the tub a lot lol but I remember they had odd names like ( a go go) or something it could've maybe been in the title I'm not sure

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1 comments It would be amazing if someone could help me I've been looking a few years now!

message 2: by CLM (new)

CLM | 303 comments So she plays with the dolls? Do you recall if a US or UK book? Was it part of a series? Approximately when did you read it?

message 3: by inaword (new)

inaword | 145 comments When the Dolls Woke

This is all that comes to mind when I think about living dolls, not sure if all the details match up. Re: odd names, I think there was one named Martinique.

message 4: by gail ♛ (new)

gail ♛ (abbysreadingcorner) Could it possibly be The Doll People ? That's the only book I can think of that has dolls that come to life that I've read besides RL Stine books.

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Buchli | 41 comments I was thinking The Doll People too. There was a scene in the first or second book with the younger of the two human sisters taking the dolls in the bath with her. Annabelle is the (possibly unusual) name of one of the dolls.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (borninmt_82) | 19 comments Five Dolls In a House by Helen Clair?

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Five Dolls in a House for Sarah's suggestion.
A doll family in The Doll People are named the Funcrafts.
Was this a picture book, a younger kids' chapter book, or an older kids' book? If a picture book, there's The Tub People.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (borninmt_82) | 19 comments When the Dolls Woke has a doll named Martinique.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Angela, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments If you are, might want to check the Doll Stories list.

message 11: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee | 8 comments The Doll Graveyard by Lois Ruby?

message 12: by Mae (new)

Mae | 8 comments The Doll People is the only one I can think of, but I don't remember anything about a tub and I think they had normal names.

message 14: by Angeline (new)

Angeline (angelinebadams) | 4 comments There's a series beginning with The Mennyms by Sylvia Waugh, which is about a family of living, human-sized rag dolls who live out their lives in seclusion, pretending to be human. Many of them have odd names like Soobie, Poopie and Wimpey.

There's a nice blog post about the books here: http://lifewithsockson.blogspot.com/2...

message 15: by Ally (new)

Ally Puri (allysonpuri) | 3 comments It could be the Toys Go Out

message 16: by Minnikin (new)

Minnikin | 66 comments The Tub People by Pam Conrad?