Play Book Tag discussion

Garden Spells (Waverley Family, #1)
This topic is about Garden Spells
June 2018: Magical Realism > Garden Spells/ Sarah Addison Allen / 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cynda  (cynda) Deceptively Easy Read. The story started out bynbeing rather commonplace with ever-so-common topics of estranged family members, physical abuse, single parenthood, dead parents, two sisters, and a eccentric aunt. Issues about the sisters' mom, their finances, and their romances. Common enough.

So why 3 stars if I am being rather dismissive? Because I am glad I stuck with the story. Enjoyable quotes that made me laugh out loud at least twice and quotes good enough to like or to add. I recognized the sister's conversations and their issues as Southern in that were the topics of discoussions and consideration. I am an it planning re-read this novel ever, but am open to reading another novel by the novel writer.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Cynda wrote: "Deceptively Easy Read. The story started out bynbeing rather commonplace with ever-so-common topics of estranged family members, physical abuse, single parenthood, dead parents, two sisters, and a ..."

I also was not wowed by this book, but did enjoy the quick read. Honestly, her other books are very much along the same lines, but sometimes there are exactly what I need.

Of her other books, I loved Lost Lake the most!