Classic Trash discussion

Devil in a Blue Dress (Easy Rawlins, #1)
This topic is about Devil in a Blue Dress
Devil in a Blue Dress > Devil ina Blue Dress: Finished (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adelaide Blair | 1082 comments Mod
This topic is for those who have finished the book.

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments Gah! It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book in one sitting. Great main character but I agree that the story didn’t quite stack up to, say, the Maltese Falcon. I think I’ll end up reading some more of these...

Cheryl | 949 comments I think I had read this years ago when it first came out. I read it last week, and it was a very quick read. I really liked Easy Rawlins and the setting, but the mystery was just ok. I thought that the woman he was looking for, Daphne, wasn't a life-like character and so I didn't feel much about the plot reveal at the end concerning her. I think I have read other books in this series, and liked them better.

It's always hard going for the first book of a series, or so it seems to me. The author has to establish alot of background info, and might not know exactly how to develop the entire story line yet.

I haven't seen the film version of this book. Has anyone seen it?

Adelaide Blair | 1082 comments Mod
I saw the film for this when it first came out, but don't remember if it is any good or not.

I really liked this book. The resolution was a little weak, but not enough to make me disregard the strong writing. I'm definitely going to give the other books in this series a try.