Bodacious Book Buddies discussion

Cruel Beauty
This topic is about Cruel Beauty
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
First thoughts of Cruel Beauty

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah09) First thoughts, impressions and predictions.

Becka (becka_anne) I'm a few chapters in and am so far really enjoying this book. It's nothing like I expected, I thought it would be more along the lines of the Disney version in all honesty and I didn't think it would have so much folklore or Grecian myth around it.

message 3: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah09) ^^^ I am so excited to get to this book, for that reason!!! That's why I am so glad the Fairy Tale Twist Genre won this round, I love it when it goes back to Grimm Brothers lore... the nit and gritty, not the fairy-tale-princess-over-played-out-shennanigans :D

Becca (becca16) | 198 comments There's a movie?!?

message 5: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah09) I think she means the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast

Becca (becca16) | 198 comments Ooooo!

Becka (becka_anne) Im about 1/3 of the way though now and am really enjoying this book. I struggled to put it down and go to work!

message 8: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah09) Hahaha then that means it's a good book! Love books that are like that - I am going to open the full book discussions here momentarily that way spoilers are on a separate forum!

Becca (becca16) | 198 comments I need to get the book still! I'm so excited for it!

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth McCraw (betharina74) This sounds really good!

message 11: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah09) If you're ereader people, Google Play/Books had it the cheapest

Becca (becca16) | 198 comments I use my library to get my ebooks :)

message 13: by Beth (new)

Beth McCraw (betharina74) I never think of Google play because although I have a really big phone, I don't like reading on it lol. I need to check my library, but I love in a small town and the pickings are slim lol

message 14: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (vannah09) Hahaha, I hate it too! But the nice thing with google play is that you can read it on your computer too :D

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth McCraw (betharina74) That's true!

Becca (becca16) | 198 comments I have a nook and a tablet that I read on and love! :) And small towns may not have a lot in the direct libraries but they have access to a lot of books from other cities :)

Becka (becka_anne) I finished this book a while ago and really liked it. I enjoyed the aspects of mythology that were intertwined in it. I think I expected a much more Disney-fied version but am glad that it wasn't because it seemed to fit so well.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.