Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > New Beta Reader For Historical Fiction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 1 comments Hello everyone :)

I am interested in becoming a beta reader for those who are writing historical fiction. I enjoy reading most historical fiction but particularly love reading ones which are set during the Middle Ages - early 1900's in Britain and/or Ireland. However, I am open to other areas and time frames so don't let that put you off!

I promise to be sensitive and truthful in my feedback and will focus on plot structure, character development, dialogue, etc. I will also help edit any obvious mistakes but I will mainly be focusing on the overall flow of the story.

If you are interested please drop me a private message or email me at: katrinabetareader@hotmail.com.

message 2: by David (new)

David Wilson | 109 comments I emailed you about my historical fantasy last week.

David

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Ibbetson (luciferbooks) | 3 comments Katrina wrote: "Hello everyone :)

I am interested in becoming a beta reader for those who are writing historical fiction. I enjoy reading most historical fiction but particularly love reading ones which are set d..."

would you be interested in beta reading my book? It's a historical adventure novel where the English are having an endless borderland war with the starving Scots.

The story follows the siblings Frank and young Sophie Cassleberry of Yorkshire who are the grandchildren of King James the III. The King has remarried, to the sister of the Scottish King, and a new baby is expected.

When the Crown Prince and his son are poisoned, Sophie and Frank’s father is accused of murder and treachery. Soldiers are dispatched to Yorkshire, and Frank and Sophie forced to flee their home and will have to journey through treacherous weather to find their uncle, who is a Warden of the Borderlands.

If you're interested, please reply, thank you x

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 103 comments Hello!

I'm looking for beta readers interested in the dark, the supernatural, the Gothic... Because I've written something along those lines, but it sure has been a pain in the butt to edit. I need your feedback!

My story is a Gothic historical. It's approximately 14,000 words long, so it's a shorter read. I'm looking for someone with an eye for plot, condensing words(I can be verbose sometimes), and overall character development.

Please email me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com if you're interested! Thanks :)

message 5: by S. J (last edited Oct 04, 2018 11:39AM) (new)

S. J Barthel | 8 comments Good afternoon, Katrina. I am looking for Beta Reader for my novel. 365 pages, romance/adventure set in the 1600's hundreds. I will leave a synopsis in this message and if you are interested, please let me know. Thank you and have great day.

A woman’s highest calling is to lead a man to his soul, so as to unite him with his source. A man’s highest calling is to protect woman, so she is free to walk the earth unharmed…. Native American Proverb

Magic Power, named after a God, is a proud warrior of the Haudenosaunee. His clan is the Turtle clan of the Seneca people. The war council of the Five Nations has met and determined that they will wage war on the Erielhonan. As time draws near for the war party to leave he begins to have disturbing dreams. Dreams of a woman he has yet to meet.

Aponi, or Butterfly as she is called is Erielhonan. Mortal enemy of the Haudenosaunee. Her village is preparing to move. Her people need to move to where the land is more fertile and will support their farms. Before the move, she begins to dream of a handsome warrior. Before the last of her people are able to leave her village is attacked. With her village under siege, her mother murdered, her father missing, and the man she has been dreaming of is responsible.

The GODS have deemed their destiny is the same, and go hand in hand. Will she find it in her heart to forgive this man?
Will his shame prevent him from seeking his destiny?

message 6: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction about the Richards family, based on the plantation named Newcastle in South Carolina. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. The slave conversations in the opening chapters are written in Gullah the original slave language translated to English by footnotes.