Teen Book Club discussion

Games > Book Tag 1

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

olivia (oliviarose_) | 362 comments Mod
I thought this might be a fun thing to have in the discussions. Copy and answer below. I'll answer first,

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
When I am at home, I normally read in my bed.

2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Both, whatever is around when I start a book. A lot of the time I pick a sticky note that matches the cover of the book

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc.
I don't care a ton but I try to finish a chapter if possible. If I can't I try to get to the end of the page or the end of a paragraph.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Never.

5. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
I can read while other people are listening to music or watching TV because I've grown up in a pretty large family so I've gotten used to tuning things out. However, I would NEVER play my own music or TV while reading.

6. One book at a time, or several at once?
I try to read one at a time but sometimes I get impacient and start more than one books.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! If I expect to have empty time, then I'll bring a book.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
I always read silently. If I try to read out loud, I always end up unconsciously going back to reading silently.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I have never and don't plan on ever reading ahead or skipping pages.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I always keep my books looking as new as possible.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I read all over the place in my room or in my family room
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Whatever I can get my hands in first
3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a point,page,chapter, ect?
I have to finish when there is a period or if the chapter is really good I have Ito finish the chapter
4. Do you drink or eat while reading
I drink and eat
5. Can you while people are listening to music preaching tv?
Never
6. One book at a time or several books at once?
I can only read one book at a time.
7. Reading at home or every when?
I read everywhere depending on my mood I like to read sprawled on the floor of my home or in a comfy chair at the mall.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head.
In my head is the only way I can read unless I need to sound out a word.
Yes and yes but only if I need to regain interest or if I believe the pages are just filler.
10. Breaking the spine of the book or keeping it like new?
It depends on how into the book I am. If I am really into a book I may break the spine or I may keep it like I bought it.

message 3: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually just read in my room. Currently, I have placed a chair next to my window and that's where I read.

I try to use bookmarks but I keep on losing them. So, usually it's just random pieces of paper.

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a point,page,chapter, ect?
I prefer not to stop but yes, I can stop reading at any point.'

4. Do you drink or eat while reading
Not really. I don't think that I can.

I can but I usually just forget about the music or TV. I live near a highway so I find the noise from it to be soothing while I read.

The only time I read a several at once is if I am reading a book on my own or for school.

I can read everywhere but I noticed that I usually tend to read mostly at home nowadays.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head.
Reading silently in my head definitely.

Yes but lately I have stopped doing that thanks to my teacher's really detailed reading checks. I tend to skip action parts, a lot of the time.

10. Breaking the spine of the book or keeping it like new?
I would like to keep it new but I don't really care if the spine is broken.

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Shu (tamutheshamu) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I really try to read sitting in a chair (so my posture doesn't just die), but most of the time, I end up reading in bed.

Well, I actually take lot of time to carefully make personalized bookmarks based on movies or books I really enjoy (I have quite a few Legolas and Thranduil ones from The Lord of the Rings, as well as a growing collection of Star Wars / book cover ones). I'll use embellishing pens and cut out pictures from the internet, and I've got this whole process of making it firm with card-stock and index cards to look as "professional" as possible. Long story short, I do prefer bookmarks.

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc.?
It irks me greatly when I can't stop at a part break or chapter end, because I have a hard time finding where I left off if I don't pick up the book again for a couple hours or longer. However, I suppose its not ideal to always stop at a chapter end.

I find it difficult to eat when reading, but I'll definitely have a glass of something (water, juice, milk, coffee) when I'm reading. Gotta stay hydrated!

My parents like to watch TV in the hearth room (where all the comfy couches are), so I've learned to read when the television is going. When I'm by myself, I do listen to music when reading; however, it can't be something with lyrics. Whenever I'm reading Tolkien works (Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The Hobbit etc.), I'll always have the movie soundtracks for the Lord of the Rings (preferably the Fellowship of the Ring) / an ambient calm version of the soundtrack. It really immerses me in Middle-Earth. When it's a regular book, I love lofi-chill hop or nighttime ambient music compilations on YouTube or Soundcloud.

For school, it's almost a guarantee that I'll be reading multiple novellas or books at the same time. I don't mind though; reading multiple books isn't a problem for me, and I do it a lot in my spare time.

I'll have a book with me basically everywhere I go (groceries with mom, to the gym for after workouts, to school, to the library/bookstore etc.), because you never know when you're going to have some spare time to finish that chapter. However, I try not to read in the car, as it makes my head hurt. Other than that, I do read everywhere.

I'm what you call a "mumbler". I'll read silently, but every once in a while you'll hear me mumble a word or two (incoherently) from something that either spiked my interest or some words that I need to sound out (this usually happens in classic novels). But all in all, I read silently.

I'll admit, when its a book for school and I'm on a time crunch from all the excessive homework, having to practice cello and study, I'll skip lots of pages. I'd be on the bus on the way to school literally LOOKING UP the Sparknotes or Cliffsnotes for the assigned chapters that are due that day, just so I don't look like an idiot in my class; and hey, it works like a charm. However, if I'm reading for leisure, I never skip pages, mainly because I'm reading something I want to read, not something I have to read.

In my room on my dresser, I have these really nice leatherbound editions of classics (some Canturbury Classic editions, some are the leatherbound Barnes and Noble ones) with sprayed edges in silver/gold shine, and I try to keep those as new as possible. In my opinion, any of my hardcover books MUST stay as beautiful as possible. However, all my paperback books are beat up after I read them, and at that point it's just like "screw it, it's my book and it's paperback, so oh well".

message 5: by nicolette (new)

nicolette (nikkisreading) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually read in my bedroom or in the family room.

Bookmark for sure. I've bought multiple and always have one.

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc.?
Always at the chapter point. I hate stopping in the middle of the page because when I come back I need to re-read a few paragraphs to figure out what happened, but otherwise if there's something I need to do immediately then no, I must stop at the end of a chapter.

Depends. Sometimes I may have a drink or snack, be reading while eating dinner if it's an exciting part to read, or nothing at all.

Yes, I've learned to block out noise and distraction while reading. There is times when I'm so engrossed in a book that someone will have to come to me to talk or tell me something.

One at a time. I feel a bit unorganized with more than one.

Everywhere.

Silently, unless there is a word that I must quietly sound out.

If I'm at a part of a book that seems slow, I may just skim over the next few chapters/pages to see if the current part isn't important, but I always read absolutely everything nevertheless.

Keeping it like new. Even a little crease on a page bothers me.

message 6: by Debbie (last edited Jul 12, 2018 11:28PM) (new)

Debbie (debbie_sf) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I'm really flexible with reading locations. As long as I can focus, I'm good.
I have a ton of beautiful bookmarks, but I never use them. So scrap paper.
I cannot stop reading unless it's the end of a chapter or I just really hate the book, If I like a book, it takes forever to put it down.
4. Can you eat or drink while reading?
Nononononono. No distractions. Plus, I'm kinda obsessed with keeping my books clean, so I wouldn't risk it. I'm rather clumsy. Although I might sneak some iced tea once in a while..
while I can read when watching TV, but not listening to music. I'm very, very into music.
I read like 6 books I'm not interested in at the same time because I always have to be reading, but if I like a book, I'll drop the rest and binge read.
Everywhere.
Usually in my head, but if I cant quite grasp a sentance, I'll read it out loud.
Neverrrrr. I need to get every single detail.
Keeping it like new. I'm a perfectionist.

message 7: by Sophia (last edited Jul 13, 2018 09:50PM) (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 128 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I read all over. In my room, the family room, dining table...
I mostly read on a Kindle, because there isn't an English book store or library where i live. but i'd have to say book mark.
Yes i can. i have a very big family so i get interrupted very often and asked to do stuff.
4. Can you eat or drink while reading?
Yeah, i love eating snacks while reading.
I often read while listening to music, but i can't watch movies/series while reading.
Most often i'm reading more than one collection at a time, yeah.
Everywhere.
Silently in my head, but sometimes i read to my little sister out loud.
Noooooo!
I only have a few hard copy's and i like to keep them looking as new as possible.

message 8: by Denisse (new)

Denisse | 20 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
At home i like to read on my bed with some nice "chill" music playing but i love reading at the beach any time i have a chance.

Both, if i were to choose it would be a bookmark i find it neat and there are some very pretty ones that are nice. but in a rush i use a random piece of paper.

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc.
i prefer to stop reading at the end of a chapter but it doesn't matter.

sometimes a bottle of water or some food but usually not.

i cant while watching tv but some nice calm music is very pleasing to me while reading.

One book, i get lost if i read 2 or more books at once.

Everywhere

Silently, it helps me picture things and it helps me focus.

Neither, it ruins the book

Keeping my books as new as possible, it helps keep everything neat.

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) I joined this group a little bit ago and I haven’t done this tag yet so here y’all go.

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Usually I read on my bed. But I read anywhere really.

I mostly use bookmarks that I make because I make a bunch.

It doesn’t really matter to me. If I get to tired then I usually just stop where ever.

Nope

No I can never focus on two things at once. 😂 I can read when the tv or music is on in the background but not when I’m trying to do both.

I almost always read several at a time so I have a book for whatever mood I’m in.

Everywhere. If we are going on any car ride that’s longer than 15 minutes, any appointment, concert or anywhere where I’m going to be waiting for something, I bring a book to read.

I do both though the majority of the time I read in my head. It’s just kind of fun to me to read aloud.

I’ve never skipped pages! That takes away from the reading experience.

I’m not really sure what breaking the spine means😂 but I like keeping books like new so there’s that.

Thanks if you read the whole thing! You are cool!

message 10: by BookLoverBug (last edited Sep 30, 2018 08:46PM) (new)

BookLoverBug | 8 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I read in my bed or in my closet book nook.

Bookmarks that I make myself when I get bored. Great way to always have something to do when I run out of books.

I like to stop reading at the end of chapters but sometimes I'm just to tired and stop at the end of random pages.

Most of the times with a good book I'll walk around my house without putting the book down so I'll end up making food or eating and drinking all the time while reading.

I almost always have music on when I'm reading to drown out my brother.

Usually its 2 or 3 but, if it's a really good book or series it's the one book all day every day.

Everywhere, Duh. I actually just got one of those booksack purses just so I have something that's big enough to carry my book that I'm reading but I won't have to carry around a big bulky bag or just the book by itself.

Silently. I read to fast to read out loud.

Sometimes if its a suspenseful part of a book and I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack if I don't find out what happens in like 5 seconds I'll read ahead and then go back and finish up to where I skipped to.

I can't stand a broken spine. It's my biggest pet-peeve with books.

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky Pendleton | 6 comments My favorite spot for reading is my fireplace room. I start reading books then I start a new one after I am like 50 pages into a different book. Then I start reading

MoodyReader2.0   (zjeena) | 65 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
•On my study table (yeah close that mouth if it's hanging... I just love my study desk)

•Actually i have a dumb hobby of collecting tag on clothes for bookmarks.

•Once I get started on a good book, there is nooooo stopping me.

•Nopes! Too busy for that while reading

•No.

•Usually one at a time.

•I can read in the middle of a concert if my heart and head's really in the books.

•Silently. But i cry and laugh like a crazy if some scene gets me emotional.

•I only skip when there are intense romantic descriptions. I'm kinda allergic to those..

•Keeping it new.

message 13: by Rukky (last edited Feb 12, 2019 04:19PM) (new)

Rukky 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Not really, any place unless it's cold. Then I'll read on my bed.

I don't use either... just open back to where I think I was

I have to finish the whole thing once I start, but if I really have to, I'd stop at the end of a chapter

I need snacks once in a while?

No. I'd start watching or singing to whatever it is lol

One book at a time.

Everywhere and anywhere

Silently. It irks me to read out loud for some reason

If the book is boring, yes or I'm too excited to bother reading description. Ex. "Her breath was labored, her pupils wide. Blood rushed in her ears and her heart threatened to jump out of her chest..."

I made that up on the spot 😉

I love the look of new books! If I can help it, I keep the books as new as possible.

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky Pendleton | 6 comments I read books by the fireplace if it’s a chilly evening.
I listen to audiobooks I drink coffee only (Starbucks) I eat popcorn with my books. My favorite genre is history romance

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria (purplebluewallflower) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
On the floor next to my bookshelves or in my bed.

Sometimes bookmark, but I usually just remember the page I've reached.

I cannot stop reading if I don't finish the chapter (that's why I hate books that aren't divided in chapters, lol)

Nope

I don't like to, since I get distracted, I want a quiet place. However, as my family sometimes watches tv while I'm reading, I get used to it, I guess.

One book at a time.

I don't have a problem, but I usually read at home.

ALWAYS silently in my head.

I can't skip pages. A book is a journey and you have to cherish every part of it (feelin' poetic and deep here, an I right?)

Keeping it in the best condition possible.

message 16: by Raynah (new)

Raynah 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I always read in my room unless I’m in a mood for a change of scenery, then I’ll read in the living room.

I always use a bookmark.

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc?
I try to stop once I’ve finished a chapter but if I’m not able to then I’ll finish at the end of the page.

I’ll occasionally have a drink but I would never eat while reading.

I enjoy having background music while reading, I’ll put on classical music or sometimes a video from the YouTube channel ASMR Rooms. I don’t like having the TV on because I find it distracting.

6. One book at a time, or several?
Recently, I have had several books on at one time. Usually an audio
book, physical book, and sometimes a graphic novel.

7. Reading at home or everywhere.
I prefer to read at home but I’ll put on an audiobook when going to other places.

In my head.

Never to both.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I don’t try to break the spine but I don’t mind if it is.

message 17: by Tyrone (new)

Tyrone | 33 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Anywhere there is a place to sit and enough light.

Neither, I just keep track in my head.

I can stop anywhere.

Nope

I just put on some music for background noise, I'm used to it after reading in loud classrooms.

As many as I want, which is usually 1 for school and 2 for leisure.

Anywhere and everywhere.

Silently.

Only if it's a book I've read that I have to re-read for class.

I don't exactly know what breaking the spine is, but I try to make sure none of my books are damaged.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma Conley (emmaconley) | 1 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Usually on my bed with my dog sitting at the edge

Whatever is closest

3. Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a point, page, chapter, etc?
I like to stop when the certain scene changes

Occasionally I’ll have a water or something while reading, but I don’t like to eat and read

5. Can you read while listening to music or watching tv?
I can read and listen to music if it’s instrumental, but I get distracted by tv

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Typically 1 for school, and quite often 2 or more for whatever mood I’m in.

7. Reading at home, or everywhere?
I prefer reading at home, but I do take my book wherever I go

In my head

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Not on purpose

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I don’t like breaking the spine and like my books to look as nice as possible

message 19: by Edith (new)

Edith Jenkins (edithjenkie) | 10 comments 1. I usually read on the sofa in my kitchen or in/ on my bed

2. I like to use a proper bookmark, but they get lost super easily so end up using bits of paper and old recites.

3. I don’t really mind where I stop - preferably at the end of the book.

4. I can drink a cup of tea while reading (like the British person I am) but no food, because I don’t like crumbs getting into the book.

5. No. If music or the TV is on I will just ignore it and end up fading it out. If I try to listen while reading I can’t focus on the book.

6. I like to only read one book at a time, but occasionally I end up reading a few because of friends and school.

7. I read anywhere and everywhere. If I have to go to a party I will bring a book with me. I bring a book to sports fixtures and to every lesson (I get told off for reading...)

8. Silent reading is my default mode. Sometimes I read out loud but people tell me to shut up so..........

9. Never. It should be illegal to skip pages and look ahead. I don’t know why you would do that to yourself!

10. I don’t really mind about the spine. I try not to but if it happens then it happens and I can stop that. I guess a book can look as battered as it likes in the out side, it just makes the book look loved, but it must remain pristine on the inside. No dog-eared pages, NO folding pages, no marks or mud.

message 20: by Eva The Dinosaur (new)

Eva The Dinosaur 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually Read In My Bed Or On The Couch

Whatever I can find

I always finish the page I'm on

No

I can read while listening to ocean waves but never TV or Word Music

I usually read several books.

Everywhere!

In my head. I sound so bad when I read Aloud

I never ever skip pages.

If I do break the spine it isn't on purpose

message 21: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

On my couch; curled up against the side.

Definitely a random piece of paper. It's usually whatever I can find.

For the most part, I always finish a chapter. If not, I'll find a really boring part to stop at.

Yup. I like to read during meals cause that tends to be my free time sometimes.

Not at all. Not if it's a new book. If I've read so many times, I can usually play music (like when I'm traveling in the car with family; helps to block them out) as long as its on low.

One at a time. Otherwise, if they are all new books, I tend to confuse plot lines and characters.

Everywhere. That's why I always have a book on hand.

In my head. I hate, though, when I get distracted and you like start actually start reading and are conscious of it. I like being so deep into the book that you think of nothing else.

The only time I skip is through prologues sometimes. I do have a tendency to skip to the end of the page where I know the spoiler is.

Keeping it new. I protect my books in any way I can.

message 22: by Charlotte ✰ (new)

Charlotte ✰ (charmknz) | 20 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Nope. Normally I end up on the couch though.

Literally anything. Mostly receipts

I always stop in the middle of pages although if its a good book I'll most likely wait to the end of an important bit

Absolutely. Tad too many spaghetti stains on the pages lol

Yep. If its a song I know really well I can also sing along although it does make me read a bit slower.

Always several at once because I'm normally reading them for different reasons (personal, school, book club)

Everywhere although mostly at school - we have a designated 10 minutes each day for reading which is great for high school

Silently

Never!!! (unless its a textbook)

Breaking the spine. Most of my books are second hand anyway plus I call 'damaged' books 'well-loved'

message 23: by Delphine (new)

Delphine | 13 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Haha, no, I tend to be very restless sometimes.

Pfft, no. I have a ton of bookmarks but I always remember what page I left off.

I read until something really bores me or I have something to do. Otherwise, I'll read until I'm done.

Most definitely. Spilled quite a few things here and there. I literally cannot put a book down sometimes.

I always read while listening to music if it's available. TV on the other hand, no. I'm usually sucked into the book to the point where the music is background music.

Depends. Sometimes several, sometimes once. When I've purchased a ton of books from a store, most likely several.

Everywhere. Literally. Just in case I've got nothing to do. I tend to bring with me smaller books when I'm going out though.

Silently. Reading out loud takes too long because I've already read the paragraph while I'm saying the first line.

Nope. Though sometimes I do look up spoilers, can't help myself. Especially when the book is slow. Nothing major though, just if blank and blank end up together at the end, haha.

Keeping it like new, if possible. Though, despite the ridiculous amount of hardcover books I have, I prefer paperback. When reading hardcover, I always take off the cover itself in fear of damaging it haha.

message 24: by Kacie (new)

Kacie | 1643 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I like reading in my bed.

Either I use a real bookmark or I just remember the page number I'm on.

I usually finish at a chapter or a break in the story but I don't really mind stopping anywhere (Unless it's something major going on in the story)

Yep. Sometimes I'll read while I eat lunch and I especially love eating chocolate while I read. I don't really drink anything while I read though.

I like it to be quiet when I read. When I read downstairs though it's always loud (Music, TV, Little kids) so I've gotten used to that, but I like it quiet.

Usually only one, but occasionally more.

I mean, I hardly go anywhere besides school and I do read at school, so I guess I read everywhere?

Definitely silently. I can't get the characters right when I read out loud. It feels more natural in my head.

I don't unless it's explicit sex or anything else that makes me uncomfortable.

New as possible. They need to look pretty:)

message 25: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
My bed, always

Bookmark

I like to get to the next chapter before I stop.

Nope

I can't

One book at a time

Usually at home, but I like to read in the car too (when I'm not driving)

Silently in my head

No, never.

Most of the books I have are hard copies or floppy books, but if it's not either of those, sometimes it happens unintentionally

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
In the car or on a couch

Bookmark, but if one isn't available, I'll use paper until I get one out of my collection of bookmarks in a big box

I have to stop at a chapter or I feel very uncomfortable. I can if I have to, but it bothers me so much

I might, I will drink, eating is a maybe, depending on the snack.

I can read while other people are listening to music or watching TV but I don't choose to.

I like only to read one book at a time, but since I'm in school and we have to read fro school, it's not always possible.
Everywhere! I can read at home, and in the car. I am the only person in my whole family, that can read in the car, and I take full advantage of it

I like to read silently, but sometimes subconsciously if I have to really pay attention to what I'm reading, my mouth will move and might whisper what I'm reading

I sometimes read ahead if I'm reading for the first time and I'm anxious since the book has a part that someone might die, or there's a lot of action to calm myself. Sometimes I also accidentally read ahead in the page if a word or two catches my eye.

I like to keep my books as nice as possible

message 27: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Seerden Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
On my bed

I mostly use bookmark. But when I just get a book from the library and I’m reading in the library, I use random piece of paper.

Sometimes! But if there is something epic happening, no I can’t stop, which is 99% of the time.

Again sometimes!

I find if I’m reading a book, I can’t listen to music or watch tv, or else I get a headache.

Normally for me, I read three books at once. So if I start to get bored in one book, I can put that in down and read another.

Everywhere, I always have a book with me!

I do both, so I’ll be reading silently, then I just want to read aloud, so I do.

I try not too, but then there are the times, the book starts getting boring. So I flip through, to see where the action happens. But I still read all of it, but normally I don’t get bored.

I try and keeping it looking new, but I get most of my books second hand, so they sometimes have breaking on the spine. When I do get a brand new book, I do keep it looking new.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) 1. Do you have a certain place for reading?
On the couch

Random piece of paper (or kindle, where it doesn't need a place holder)

3.Can you stop reading at any point in time or do you have to stop at a certain point, page, chapter, etc?
I can almost always stop reading at any point if I have to but I like to stop at the end of chapters or just pages if I can't get to the end of a chapter.

I read while I eat and drink, when my parents let me....but if I'm just reading, I won't pick up a snack or drink.

5. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV
Nope, no way.

6. One at a time or several at once?
Usually I'll read several books at once but there will still be one book that I'm specifically trying to read.

At home

In my head

9. Read ahead or skip pages?
I'll look at the last page to see how many pages there are and end up reading the last page, or I'll skim pages sometimes but I never read ahead otherwise.

Breaking it, probably. I mostly read on my kindle though.

message 29: by Kara (new)

Kara | 945 comments 1. on my couch with a heated blanket
2. bookmark always (specifically magnetic)
3. i have to finish the chapter if i don’t it annoys me xd
4. yeah
5. oh no oh noooooo
6. several
7. home
8. neither haha i listen to audiobooks and read along but when there isn’t an audiobook in my head
9. no lol
10. i always try to keep my books in top condition

iamaunicornwithyellowfeet (bookobsessedblob) | 153 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Normally in my bed, but occasionally on the sofa.

Most of the time I end up losing my bookmarks so I'll have to go with random piece of paper.

As long is a finish the page its okay.

Not meals, just sometimes snacks.

No, I get really easily distracted.

I don't really mind.

I can read anywhere and everywhere, and I always carry a book with me.

I always read in my head.

No, I absolutely HATE spoilers, so I never read ahead.

To be honest, my spines always end up breaking, but then at least they look read and loved.

message 31: by kei (new)

kei (keimy) | 80 comments 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I guess that a certain place is my precious bed.

bookmark ofc I take extra care of them along with my books ofc.

I can stop at any point along as I finish a paragraph.

NO, absolutely not I never have food or drinks near my books.

listening to music maybe but not watching TV I could get distracted easily.

one book at a time but sometimes if the book is boring I would put it back on my shelf and start reading something else.

home

Out loud if I am alone but most of the time in my head.

I'm always a curious cat and sometimes spoil some important facts to myself and hate myself for the rest of thebook.

I like keeping it new but sometimes one or two books end up breaking.

message 32: by Wren (Fariywren) Semi-hiatus❥ (last edited Oct 22, 2021 05:52PM) (new)

Wren (Fariywren) Semi-hiatus❥ 1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
yes the "book room" witch is a small cosy room with a heap of bookshelves.

I use pretty much anything.

I like to finish the paragraph.

no, it distracts me.

not really, it is too distracting.

I can't really read more than one at a time!

everywhere, I always take a book with me.

silently in my head.

I never do ether.

I like my books to look new, so I am always super careful with them.