Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

What faction would you be, and why?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I would be Erudite! NO doubt, i really value intelligence and knowledge and i'm pretty creative!
There is also a part of Amity because of course i want peace and kindness to "rule the world" but i don't think i could ever truly be Amity, even though i want to :)
Dauntless.....hmmmm..... i don't think so i am brave but not in a "Dauntless" way.
Candor absolutely NOT!!! I am honest most of the time but like you said practically everyone worries about others if you tell the truth (at least the way i see it)
Annnndddd i should stop talking because i don't want to bore you to death,LOL!

message 2: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 03, 2014 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth Nunez dauntless because, yes the other values are also there, but my instincts are usually the same as dauntless. I love trying new things that scare me.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I would be an Erudite i guess, since I like to learn new things

Brenda If I physically could not be Dauntless, then I would choose Abnegation.

whoufflestories I would want to choose Dauntless cause they seem like really really fun but I would probably not be brave enough. Probably Amity or Erudite.

message 7: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa Reveron I think I would be Dauntless, but honestly, I think I don't fit into any of the factions, because I'm not smart enough to be in Erudite, I'm not really the "peaceful" type, I'm very selfish, I can't be in Candor because I lie often, but if I had to choose, I would definitely choose Dauntless, because I'm brave (sometimes), and Dauntless people are usually carefree, kind of mean sometimes, and I don't know, I just think I should be in Dauntless if I had to choose

message 8: by Ry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ry factionless. i would not fit into any faction perfectly.

Sarah I took a quiz on Buzzfeed and got Erudite. I also thought that's what I would be when I read the manifestos.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to be Abnegation but I'm not sure I'd fit well. But if I really had to choose I'd choose Abnegation, or maybe Amity. To me, abnegation and amity are similar. But I'd go for Abnegation I guess :) Selfless all the way!

Cyndi Silva Eurdite, because then I could read as many books as I wanted. Also, I like learning and teaching.

Amphitrite Erudite because I get to read a lot of books, I'm sort of smart, plus I want to be a writer. However,I hate needles and won't survive initiation but hopefully I still get access to the library

message 13: by Alise (last edited Aug 10, 2014 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alise Rylan wrote: "factionless. i would not fit into any faction perfectly."

I took the quiz on Buzzfeed, too. I got Dauntless.I also took this aptitude test: http://divergentthemovie.com/aptitude...
I got Dauntless and Amity which is really weird. But by reading the manifestos, i think that Dauntless or Amity is where i'd belong. But i don't think that i'd be able to fit perfectly into any faction.

Dennis John I wanna be daunless

Caitlin "Sparkie" Erudite is probably my faction because I strongly agree with their manifesto. That ignorance is the problem in the world and that understanding will fix everything.

Caitlin "Sparkie" Erudite is probably my faction because I strongly agree with their manifesto. That ignorance is the problem in the world and that understanding will fix everything.

Sabina personally I can't be in just one faction. To be human you need all of these characteristics: you need to have erudite to process and recall information: you need Amity to make peace with others and you need to be dauntless to be able to push your own boundaries. But mainly to function properly in this society, you probably need to follow the erudite manifesto to get somewhere in this world.

message 18: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim You forgot Candor
:)

Dennis John Sabina wrote: "personally I can't be in just one faction. To be human you need all of these characteristics: you need to have erudite to process and recall information: you need Amity to make peace with others an..."

just pretend that u are in divergent and u have to choose a faction.

message 20: by Marisa (last edited Aug 19, 2014 12:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marisa Ferreira I'd be Amity or Dauntless

message 21: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat L Well. I am too much of a coward for Dauntless and way too selfish to be in abnegation. I could survive in candor, I guess, because I always talk too much, but at the end I would probably choose Erudite, cuz I'm a nerd. I wouldnt even discuss Amity. Not really into hard work on the field.

Esther I'd be Erudite or Dauntless. Or maybe Divergent :D. I'm a nerd :P

message 23: by Jaireh (last edited Aug 14, 2014 07:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jaireh Well I can be Dauntless. I always teach myself not to freak out when I face my fears, and there's a Dauntless manifesto that says "We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for one another." I believe in that and also, that's not only a Dauntless thing, it's also an Abnegation thing showing selflessness.

Serena Erudite, Dauntless, or factionless. Because I'm a lazy person.

Kirsten I'd be Dauntless all the way!! It would be so much fun!!

message 26: by Emily (last edited Aug 14, 2014 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Ingram I took an aptitude test and the first choice it had for me was Amity and the second was Abegnation. I love farming and the country so Amity could work for me. But I'm not very selfless so I don't know how I got Abegnation.

message 27: by Dreamless (last edited Aug 14, 2014 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dreamless I took an aptitude test too,and i got Divergent. In some way that's good,but in way when Dauntless and Erudite leaders want to kill you it's not good,haha :)

Mariah I took the test and it said I am Divergent and I would be good in Amity, Abnegation and Erudite.

TheBohemianBookworm Amity. It just is my personality.

TheBohemianBookworm On the test I'm divergent and am closest to candor and amity.

TheBohemianBookworm Sabina wrote: "personally I can't be in just one faction. To be human you need all of these characteristics: you need to have erudite to process and recall information: you need Amity to make peace with others an..."

So true.

Sophia Well, after reading the books several times (Four included) and watching the movie over and over again I did some thinking and even asked some of my friends what Faction they thought I would belong to.

Of course their first reactions were Amity or Abnegation.

Come on though, who really wants Abnegation? But then I gave in and took the official Divergent Faction quiz, which bases your questions off how you answer the one before (kind of like the aptitude test would).

And my results were in fact Amity first and Abnegation second. With that in mind a took a step back and made a seriously thought about where I got placed and discovered that it was all 100% true. I am just a go with the flow kind of person and I prefer to steer clear of any conflict that may arise so Amity was a given. But then I realized that maybe I do belong to Abnegation. I give up a lot of things for other people even if I don't know who they are.

Veronica i am divergent. i value erudite belief of knowledge and i am advocate peace and finally i prefer to tell ppl what i feel to their face. i am dauntless whenever my candor sense kicks in.

Jessica Ideally I would love to be Erudite because I love to read...but it would concern me that I wouldn't be smart enough for it, so I can't be sure. If it wasn't Erudite, it would be Dauntless (assuming Dauntless had never been corrupted/the old weren't euthanized/they didn't have the initiation competition). I love the idea of fighting for a good cause, bravery and camaraderie. If you take away the corruption and how they cast out old people and only allow some of the initiates to get in it would be awesome for me to join.

I don't like Amity because I think peace is NOT the answer to everything. They seem so silly and a little boring. Candor, no, because I value the privacy of my own mind and my own thoughts. I would hate to go under the truth serum in front of everyone. Abnegation no because I love leisure activities and decorating and being a little selfish sometimes.

So either Erudite or Dauntless. I don't feel like I would be Divergent, though, because living in this world I feel like the kind of person who would really be one or the other.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 16, 2014 06:01PM) (new)

I would be Erudite because I love to learn different things all the time and think knowledge is very important to solve a problem. The Dauntless seem a little mean to me and very hardcore.

Meredith No one is just one thing. Everyone is brave and selfless and smart and kind and honest. You can't define who you are just by saying I failed a math test so I'm not smart or you couldn't share your biggest secret so your not honest. It takes one to be everything and it takes everything to be one.

message 37: by AbigailDenyse01 (last edited Aug 19, 2014 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

AbigailDenyse01 I would either be in dauntless candor or erudite. I am selfless some times but I am not a kind peacefull person at all.

Dennis John FOREVER DAUNTLESS

message 39: by Reed (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reed i would want to be dauntless. but of course i am not strong enough for that so probably amity because they are nice and still work

Dennis John Reed wrote: "i would want to be dauntless. but of course i am not strong enough for that so probably amity because they are nice and still work"

that's why we have training and initiation.. so we could be dauntless