Our Shared Shelf discussion

Announcements > WATCH: Reni Eddo-Lodge Interviews Angie Thomas

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Jo (jo_9) | 373 comments Mod
Hi Everyone,
We are super excited to share with you 'Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race' author Reni Eddo-Lodge interviewing 'The Hate U Give' author Angie Thomas for Our Shared Shelf.
Please check it out at this link: https://www.goodreads.com/videos/1372...

We would like to thank both Reni Eddo-Lodge and Angie Thomas for such an insightful and enjoyable interview!
Let us know your thoughts below.

Best regards,
The OSS Moderators

message 2: by Lucy (last edited Jul 01, 2018 04:37AM) (new)

Lucy | 39 comments Super excited! Just watching it now! I'm absolutely loving it. It's so eye-opening, raw and honest with tremendous extra detail and analysis on current attitudes, portrayals and behaviour, that society depicts and upholds,towards people of colour, providing for a better understanding.

Thank you OSS for organising this amazing interview with two powerful and talented writers.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (katetakate) | 96 comments Thank you Angie Thomas and Reni Eddo-Losge for this video, I found it fascinating - great convo, and thanks for answering my question. Once again thank you OSS for making this happen.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1091 comments Mod
What an amazing interview.

Thank you Reni Eddo-Lodge for providing such an in-depth and conversational discussion that ranged from current political climate, rap culture, to Thomas's process. Thank you so much for being our interviewer.

And to Angie, your book is such an amazing and beautifully crafted novel; the work you put into it, the care provided is a testament to the authenticity and passion in each word. Thank you for answering our questions

message 5: by Dagny Moland (new)

Dagny Moland Seim | 48 comments Great interview, both of them so intelligent and funny #fangirling.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Trofimencoff | 48 comments I also really enjoyed the interview and found Angie’s research methods and her inspirations for each character fascinating. Thanks for posting the interview Shared Shelf.