Play Book Tag discussion

June 2018: Magical Realism > The Night Circus By: Erin Morgenstern

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mishelly loves  (mishellyloves) | 11 comments I gave this book a 5 star rating.
It's a bout a Circus that is open only at night. It was created as an arena for two magicians who were pitted against eachother as children and studied their whole lives for this. This Circus is really odd, over several years the people of the circus begin to notice some strange things.

It is told from the perspective of multiple characters. The writing is very beautiful. It reads like a classic to me. The changes are subtle, the plot and mystery is unraveled from the conversations the characters have with each other rather than action scenes.

I was not expecting for this book to be slower paced, so I had a hard time getting into it. It was an adjustment to get used to each chapter switching perspectives. and trying to follow along see how one characters story picks up later and intertwines with the story.

It was about half way through before I really got into it.

SPOILER (sort of)

I'm not sure how i liked the ending. I don't know what I was exactly expecting, I feel like it was confusing the mechanics of it. If you read this book how did you like the ending?

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I absolutely loved this book when I read it! But, it has been so long ago now that I can't remember the specifics of the ending!

Can you put in a spoiler what it was to job my memory?

Mishelly loves  (mishellyloves) | 11 comments Can you put in a spoiler what it was to job my memory?"

They went into the fires and I'm not sure, like her father, became invisible but can only move within the circus. They can keep the circus going with help, who they placed others in charge. I mean I guess it is good that the circus will live on. They found an alternative way out of the game, in a way. It was just still odd to me. I wasn't expecting that.