Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Week 27: July 1-July 7 (Summer)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (last edited Jul 01, 2018 05:02AM) (new)

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) Hey everyone!

It's summertime (or winter if you're in the southern hemisphere) and time to break out the flip flops, bug spray and sunscreen! And, if you're incredibly pale like me, the aloe for when you burn like a crisp.

With all that being said, the challenge this week is to read a "summer" book:

1. It takes place in the summertime.
2. There are summery elements like ice cream, flip flops, summer flings, etc.
3. A book that is a beach/pool read because you take it with you to the beach/pool/sunning session (for those of you lucky enough to go on vacation this week).

Enjoy!

P.S., Seriously, don't forget that sunscreen!

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) I read

The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani , a middle grade which takes place in the summer of 1947 during India's independence from Britain and its subsequent split into India and Pakistan.

And

China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2) by Kevin Kwan which has stuff happening all year but the big trip is in the summer and this is a pretty "beachy" read—it's like Asian Gossip Girl for grown ups. It's catty, chatty, hilarious and depressing as hell—and the first book is now a movie and I'm so excited!

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) Gabi wrote: "Weekly Theme Reading Challenge - Week #27: SUMMER
July 1st, 2018 - July 7th, 2018
Completed: 1/3

1. It takes place in the summertime.
2. There are summery elements like ice cream, flip flop, summe..."

Yay! Congrats Gabi!