Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

All Things Writing > Book cover dilema

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments Hi all

Looking for some input on a book cover for my next book, a Sci-Fi story with Arthurian elements. I can't decide whether to have a sword on the cover? Here are my choices.

Ah, it won't let me post an image? Can anyone help?

message 2: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments Erm, the pics are on my blog at http://jackson-lawrence.blogspot.com/ if I can't post an image here.

Thanks

message 3: by Karey (new)

Karey The cover with the sword. Otherwise, the pic of the planet is just that: a pic of the planet.

message 4: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Cullum | 12 comments Has to be the sword, no contest. By the way, great cover.

message 5: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments Thanks guys, that seems to be the consensus.

Any other thoughts or comments gratefully received though!

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Moore (kevmoorewrites) | 63 comments I agree with everyone here. Keep the sword; otherwise it would look boring.

Also, you might want to lower your name a little. It seems a little high on the page

message 7: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments will do, thanks!

message 8: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
With the sword! Nice cover btw:)

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael P. Dunn (wordboy1) | 9 comments I prefer the cover with the sword. It attracts attention.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Michelle | 450 comments Mod
I kind of dig the one without the sword :x

message 11: by Devrie (new)

Devrie Spaulding | 13 comments Love the sword! Nice design.

message 12: by Karey (last edited Aug 03, 2014 08:07AM) (new)

Karey Kevin wrote: "I agree with everyone here. Keep the sword; otherwise it would look boring.

Also, you might want to lower your name a little. It seems a little high on the page"

The author's name is actually low, it just LOOKS higher due to placing Cover 1/Cover 2 under it for us to know which to choose.

message 13: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
@nicole I do love the one without the sword too. Actually, my son had come up with a similar one for my book (the planet was tilted to the side) but he could not remember where he had gotten the picture so I couldn't buy the rights. So I'd be lying if I'd say I didn't like it plain also, :)

message 14: by Dionne (new)

Dionne | 68 comments I kinda like the cover with both the planet and the sword. Shows me that it's science fiction.

Love the cover btw

message 15: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments Thanks everyone for you input. It looks as though the cover with the sword is by far the favourite!

Hoping to get the first draft finished very soon and then onto revisions and editing :-(.