Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > BOTM (2) for JULY/AUGUST is Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1495 comments Mod
We have two books to read through July and August. This thread is for Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep
Both books these months are Second In Series, and if you wish, you can read this book’s predecessor too.
When you’ve read the book, add your comments below. Please avoid giving away spoilers to those who maybe haven’t finished it yet.
Enjoy!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1674 comments Mod
I think I'll get this one (and the first in the series) from the library and try it out. I have read others by the author and liked them very much.

Harley Bennett | 101 comments I reread The Tail of Emily Windsnap in June when I saw that the second book in the series was nominated for July. I am glad the group chose Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep. I enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed the first one.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1674 comments Mod
I just got my copy of The Tail of Emily Windsnap, and will try to get it read ASAP so I can read the actual book for the discussion!

SaraKat | 167 comments Mod
I read the first and second in the series this weekend. I enjoyed the stories, but unlike the Al Capone series, I won't be continuing on with the series. It was entertaining, but the story lacked appeal to an older (me ) audience. I was not impressed with some of the lack of logic in places--people getting 'misty-eyed' and wiping tears from their cheeks under water, for example. Also, the last little scene irritated me for the same reason. (view spoiler)