Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Halo (Halo #1), by Alexandra Adornetto → Start Date: October 14, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jessica and I would love it if you'd join us in this buddy read.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Thanks for making the thread Vicki! I'm so excited for this.

Just out of curiosity, if you like this book do you plan on reading the rest of the series after?

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Of course! Lol

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Awesome! I really hope you enjoy them. I love the series so much

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I hope I love it, too! I love the cover!

2:25 AM so hitting the sack now!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Me too, it's gorgeous!

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I think I'll join you guys
I haven't managed to read this one yet
I've heard mixed reviews so I'm hoping I'll like it :)

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments I'll join you guys. I bought this book awhile ago and have not read it yet.

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments yay Welcome Amanda! I wasn't sure if Vicki and I were the last 2 to ever read this! LOL!
Looks like it's us three :D

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments Thanks, it'll be fun. I thought I was the only one that has not read this yet too :)

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! Misery always loves company! I thought I was surely the only one, too! LOL I've had this book a long time.

So glad you girls are joining us! YAY!

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments I'm so happy so many people are joining! I'm on the complete opposite end of you guys. I thought I was the only person who has read this! Or at least read it and loved it. I know it doesn't have great reviews but I think it's amazing and I'm so so excited for more people to potentially love it as well! :D

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Wow, so this probably isn't that relevant to the conversation but I just friend requested Alexandra Adornetto (the author of Halo) and she accepted! I was so excited when I saw the notification, haha. But if you're interested she'll probably accept yours too.

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Jessica wrote: "Wow, so this probably isn't that relevant to the conversation but I just friend requested Alexandra Adornetto (the author of Halo) and she accepted! I was so excited when I saw the notification, ha..."

Yay!!! I know, I love that! It's crazy when I write a review and then the author comes along and likes it! :)

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Yeah, that's crazy! Most of my favorite authors have so many fans that it's hard to get noticed. But with A.A. it's easy because not many people have heard of her or her books.

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I know what you girls mean. I had sent Ellen Hopkins a PM on GR and she responded to it! I was so ecstatic! My grandkids asked me to buy almost every book she ever wrote, so I did, of course. They shared the books, and I have recently finally read my first two books by her. Both were amazing! Crank (Crank, #1) by Ellen Hopkins Burned (Burned, #1) by Ellen Hopkins . Although CRANK was VERY difficult for me to read, it tells it like it is.

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments That's great, I've heard amazing things about Ellen Hopkins books. Which was your favorite? I have yet to read one of her books but hopefully I'll get to it soon.

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Well, the subject matter was so tough to read in CRANK, mainly because I have a loved one who uses it.

I loved the writing itself more in BURNED, and I was talking to my grandson about it yesterday and he said when he read it, he read it the very next day too because he loved it that much. It's a VERY fast read!!

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Wow, I can't wait to read them! They really sound amazing.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I loved them!

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Does anybody want to buddy read the rest of the series after this one? I'm planning on rereading the entire trilogy so if anybody else wants to talk about the other two as well, I'd love to!

message 22: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jessica, I usually read the entire series of books that I like, so I will read it with you. It's just that I might not be able to do them real quickly due to my work. Maybe one a month or something like that?

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Oh, I'll probably read them all right in a row, most likely pretty quickly, but I'd still love to discuss them with you if you want, at whatever pace you're reading them at.

message 24: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, sounds good. It's possible I can read them quickly but it depends. Well see but just to discuss them is cool! :)

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Yes definitely! Let's see how this first one goes though. ;)

Gosh, I am so excited to start this series again! I miss it so much and it has one of my favorite OTPs ever.

message 26: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That encourages me! What's an OTP? Lol

message 27: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Lol, sorry, it means One True Pair, or whoever you ship together/like together in a romantic relationship!

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jessica wrote: "Lol, sorry, it means One True Pair, or whoever you ship together/like together in a romantic relationship!"

Oh, I learn something new every day! LOL

message 29: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Lol I know! I really thought it was used more around here on goodreads but I think OTP is used more on tumblr maybe? I'm not really sure.

message 30: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Well, I'll try to remember it for next time. Lol

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Are we ready to start this one tomorrow?

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments I'm ready :)

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Ready as I'll ever be! lol

message 34: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! My sentiments exactly, Trisha. Lol I hope it's a good one.

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Oh gosh, school just started for me and I'm so behind on my reading! I don't know if I'll be able to start this tomorrow but I'll definitely try my hardest! If not I'll be joining you guys in a couple of days.

message 36: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No worries, Jessica! School must take priority! What grade are you in?

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Yeah, yeah, I know. I wish reading could take priority though. ;) I'm in 11th grade this year.

message 38: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Have a fantastic school year! I'm in the same boat as you as far as reading only I'm the teacher. LOL I have English I (freshmen) and yearbook.

message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments Haha! Do you like it? I have an English class this semester. I'm taking American Literature.

message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments I actually just switched my English class last night to AP English so I'll have to make up a couple of days worth of work for that. Which means I most likely won't be able to join you all today. I hope you guys enjoy the start of the book at least and I'll be following the discussion still until I can start. :)

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments 6 chapters in.

Bethany (view spoiler)

Xavier (view spoiler)

This is okay so far, but I am not sucked into the story yet.

message 42: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I will be starting this one in a few hours. I'm catching up on others :)

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments That's okay :) I've been busy reading Isla and the Happily Ever After for most of the day.

message 44: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments 14 chapters in.

Bethany (view spoiler)

How are you guys doing on this one so far? I still am having trouble getting into this.

message 45: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 24, 2014 08:56PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments 5 chapters in

meh, I'm not connecting either

Bethany (view spoiler)

Xavier (view spoiler)

Molly (view spoiler)

Tragedies (view spoiler)

message 46: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry but I couldn't start it yet.

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments No worries Vicki :)

message 48: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Trisha! :)

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments That's okay Vicki, :)

I agree Trisha, Xavier (view spoiler)

message 50: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 802 comments I'm sorry you girls aren't liking it so far. :/ I hope it gets at least a little better for you.

« previous 1