Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Cat Got Your Diamonds (Kitty Couture Mystery #1)
This topic is about Cat Got Your Diamonds
Featured Series and Cozies > Kitty Couture (Cat Got Your Diamonds) by Julie Chase

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Jul 01, 2018 02:29AM) (new)

Nell | 2867 comments Mod
For the July member's choice, Alice chooses the Kitty Couture mystery series by Julie Chase. Lucy Marie Crocker runs The Furry Godmother, a pet boutique and organic bakery in New Orleans, Louisiana. The first book in the series is Cat Got Your Diamonds.
Cat Got Your Diamonds (Kitty Couture Mystery #1) by Julie Chase

Other books in the series are:
Cat Got Your Cash A Kitty Couture Mystery by Julie Chase Cat Got Your Secrets A Kitty Couture Mystery by Julie Chase

Cat Got Your Cash
Cat Got Your Secrets

message 2: by Alice (last edited Jul 02, 2018 03:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alice | 504 comments I started Cat Got you Diamonds light hearted and fun so far with the wonderful back drop of New Orleans. I have always loved books set in New Orleans, so much history and mysticism. I will keep you posted.

I finished it. Very much follows the formula for a cozy. Main character comes back to home town, deals with parents, cute detective, gets involved with a murder she shouldn't. With that said loved her pet business and City of New Orleans makes a great backdrop for the novel. I found it charming and put book 2 on my Wish list

message 3: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (makeli2) | 1041 comments I read this one recently and will echo Alice's comments as it describes my sentiments exactly (go Alice!), right down to loving the pet business, the city, and the charm.

jaxnsmom | 2482 comments Mod
Although the outfits sounded cute, thinking of animals actually dressed in the costumes made me cringe. I would have only gone in the store for the treats because they sounded so good. Maybe I should try one of the recipes. That aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one. The characters were well written, the plot was believable, and the setting was nicely described, so you felt like you were in on the action.

message 5: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat Cray-Hollis | 179 comments I just ordered my book thru thriftbooks.com and hopefully getting it soon.

Sounds like the book is very interesting.

message 6: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat Cray-Hollis | 179 comments I just started my book today and so far liking it very much.

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (seaturtlesrule) | 1 comments Fun and interesting book! How can you go wrong with New Orleans and smart, beautiful cat sleuths?! Plus food ...!