Literally Leander discussion

Renegades (Renegades, #1)
This topic is about Renegades
Book Discussions - 2018 > First Impressions - October

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leander Public Library | 155 comments Mod
The book for October 2018 is Renegades by Marissa Meyer.

In her first series since her beloved Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer creates a super-powered dystopian story of heroes versus villains. In less than a year, it has received over 17,000 ratings from Goodreads members.

Are you excited for Renegades?

message 2: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 130 comments I am not that excited for Renegades, but I will give it a chance. I read Cinder, the first book in the Lunar Chronicles series, a few years ago and was not a fan, but am giving that series another try as well. To me, Renegades sounds a lot like another book club pick, Steelheart, which I have not read yet.

message 3: by Kristen (last edited Sep 06, 2018 09:25AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen | 145 comments I am super excited for Renegades. I adore superhero books, and this one feels like it might have some classic Romeo & Juliet thing going on.

I agree with you, Christine, that it does have some similarities to Steelheart, but I think that they're going to prove to be very different books. I think the main thing that the share is the idea of superpowers.

And honestly, superheroes are in right now. Perhaps it's blowback from all of the DC and Marvel movies coming out right now, but superheroes are taking over the YA world, from the ongoing DC Icons Series to new releases like The Supervillain and Me. I vaguely remember Goodreads doing a blog post about it, even, but I can't seem to find it.

Regardless, I'm super excited for Renegades, and I sincerely hope it lives up to my expectations. Especially since the next book, Archenemies, is supposed to be coming out soon.