Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

July - AWESOME WORLDS > What will you be reading?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
Dear Wonderlings,

Welcome to another month of the Of Wonderland Book Club! This month, we will be reading AWESOME WORLDS.

*cue Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World* Ah, what a wonderful topic. I’m already thinking of majestic mountains, babbling brooks, curious creatures, and fields of flowers (alliteration game is strong today). There are so many wonderful books to choose from!

Here's what my TBR looks like:
- Cruel Beauty
- Scythe (reread)
- Thunderhead

Happy reading!
What will you be reading?

message 2: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
During these hot summer days, there is nothing better than to read a book that takes you to another world (one that is preferably colder, haha!)

I'm planning to read the following:
- Exit West
- Circe
- The Obelisk Gate

And I'll probably join the buddy read for Strange the Dreamer. I read Laini Taylor's DoSaB trilogy earlier this year and really liked it, so I think I will continue on with her writing 😁

message 3: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 368 comments I just started Trail of Lightning last night and 65 pages in I'm in love. I have Traitor's Blade ready to go on audio later this week too. Also hoping to get to Strange the Dreamer later this month.

message 4: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "I just started Trail of Lightning last night and 65 pages in I'm in love. I have Traitor's Blade ready to go on audio later this week too. Also hoping to get to Stra..."

*gasp* You have Trail of Lighting! Ever since that book was pitched to me as "Mad Max: Fury Road, but then with monsters and a Native American as main character", I was sold. I hope the story proves as badass as it sounds!

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Inge wrote: "Dear Wonderlings,

Welcome to another month of the Of Wonderland Book Club! This month, we will be reading AWESOME WORLDS.

*cue Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World* Ah, what a wonderful topic..."

I just finished Thunderhead yesterday and I NEED BOOK THREE NOW!!!

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "I just started Trail of Lightning last night and 65 pages in I'm in love. I have Traitor's Blade ready to go on audio later this week too. Also hoping to get to Stra..."

I recently got Traitor's Blade on audio, but I want to get the physical copy as well before starting it :-)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'll be starting Assassin's Quest tonight (which is an 838 page chuncker). I would also like to read The Lies of Locke Lamora and The Night Circus

We'll see how I'll do :-D

message 8: by Wait_huh (new)

Wait_huh | 1 comments I've read Thunderhead, and I'm currently reading Bitten. Then, I plan to go with Sorcerer to the Crown, and I might try Strange the Dreamer later on this month

message 9: by N (new)

N | 14 comments I’m reading ‘Strange The Dreamer’ atm (FINALLY got around to continuing it after months), and then I plan to read ‘Lair of Dreams’. I’m debating whether I should read ‘This Savage Song’ or ‘Children of Blood and Bone’ after LoD though.

message 10: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Natulcien wrote: "I'll be starting Assassin's Quest tonight (which is an 838 page chuncker). I would also like to read The Lies of Locke Lamora and The Night Circus

We'..."

Wow Natulcien, those are some great (and big!) books. Are you joining TomeTopple? Because with those books you easily can.

message 11: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 368 comments Natulcien wrote: "Inge wrote: "Dear Wonderlings,

*cue Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World* Ah, what a wo..."

I LOVED Thunderhead. Book 3 can come ASAP plz

message 12: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "Inge wrote: "Dear Wonderlings,

*cue Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful Wo..."

I'll second that!!

message 13: by Natulcien_reads (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Puck wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'll be starting Assassin's Quest tonight (which is an 838 page chuncker). I would also like to read The Lies of Locke Lamora and [book:The Night Cir..."

I wanted to join, but I only found out about it on Monday and I've hardly done any reading these last few days, so I'll be happy to complete one book by the end of the readathon :-)

message 14: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 368 comments Natulcien wrote: "I'll be starting Assassin's Quest tonight (which is an 838 page chuncker). I would also like to read The Lies of Locke Lamora and The Night Circus

We'..."

Locke Lamora is one of my absolute favorite books EVER. I hope you love it!

message 15: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Esra wrote: "I’m reading ‘Strange The Dreamer’ atm (FINALLY got around to continuing it after months), and then I plan to read ‘Lair of Dreams’. I’m debating whether I should read ‘This Savage Song’ or ‘Childre..."

Oooh, with those good choices it will be hard to pick! I say go for This Savage Song: the world building there - with dangerous actions breeding dangerous monsters - really interesting.

message 16: by Francisca (new)

Francisca | 2 comments I'm starting Children of Blood and Bone and expect the world to be breathtaking, but I'm also in the middle of re-reading Tombs of Atuan in one of my all time favorite worlds EarthSea

message 17: by Stien (new)

Stien I have already finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this month. July is a busy month for me, so my TBR is quite short.

My TBR:
- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
- Legendary
- Strange the Dreamer (buddy read)

message 18: by Francisca (new)

Francisca | 2 comments "July is a busy month for me, so my TBR is quite short.

My TBR:
-Wicked"

I love that one, I just recently finished the series.

message 19: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Puck wrote: "Esra wrote: "I’m reading ‘Strange The Dreamer’ atm (FINALLY got around to continuing it after months), and then I plan to read ‘Lair of Dreams’. I’m debating whether I should read ‘This Savage Song..."

I recommend This Savage Song as well, it was really good ^_^

message 20: by Inge, Mad Hatter (last edited Jul 05, 2018 05:06AM) (new)

Natulcien wrote: "I just finished Thunderhead yesterday and I NEED BOOK THREE NOW!!!"

Wait_huh wrote: "I've read Thunderhead, and I'm currently reading Bitten. Then, I plan to go with Sorcerer to the Crown, and I might try Strange the Dreamer later on this month"

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "I LOVED Thunderhead. Book 3 can come ASAP plz"

Ack I'm so excited to read Thunderhead! But I have to reread Scythe first to refresh my memory a bit. ;)

message 21: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 368 comments Fran wrote: "I'm starting Children of Blood and Bone and expect the world to be breathtaking, but I'm also in the middle of re-reading Tombs of Atuan in one of my all time favorite worlds EarthSea"

I can't believe I forgot about CBB; I put it down to focus on Trail of Lightning, but I'm really enjoying Tomi's writing as well!

message 22: by Natulcien_reads (last edited Jul 25, 2018 03:49PM) (new)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Natulcien wrote: "I'll be starting Assassin's Quest tonight (which is an 838 page chuncker). I would also like to read The Lies of Locke Lamora and The Night Cir..."</i>

I'm starting [book:The Lies of Locke Lamora
, I'm curious to see what I'll think of it :-D