Nancy Drew Readers discussion

The Secret of the Golden Pavilion (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #36)
This topic is about The Secret of the Golden Pavilion
Reading Discussions > The Secret of the Golden Pavilion #36 discussion topic

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 335 comments Mod
This is our group read for the month of August. Have you read this one? This will be my first time reading it. :-)

message 2: by Julesy (new)

Julesy I last read this in 2005. (I had to check my book logs.) ;-) I love this book because it takes place in Hawaii, one of my favorite places to visit. It's interesting because this book was first written in 1959 in honor of Hawaii becoming the 50th state.

I absolutely love the sketch that spans 2 pages starting on p. 82. It's stunning and beautiful.

Julesy wrote: "I last read this in 2005. (I had to check my book logs.) ;-) I love this book because it takes place in Hawaii, one of my favorite places to visit. It's interesting because this book was first writ..."

Wow, thanks for that little bit of trivia! And I'll keep an eye out for that sketch that you mentioned. Looking forward to reading this one :-)

Abby I just finished! Carolyn Keene writes in a unique, even quaint style that is very charming to me! And I also think that Nancy and Ned are adorable together. A satisfying mystery!

Good to know that :-) and also like Nancy and Ned being together :-) I'm waiting for the library to get this book for me.

Ann♥♪♪♪♪ (musicisablessing) | 82 comments I'm a Nancy/Ned fan, too! :D
The cover looks so cool! The Secret of the Golden Pavilion (Nancy Drew, #36) by Carolyn Keene

Just borrowed this one from the library! Hopefully will start it today and let you all know what I think :-)

I was out of the house for most of the day, but I did make it to chapter 2 so far. The mystery already sounds really interesting! I like the picture at the beginning near the title page - I don't usually see Ned in the pictures. :-)

Abby Cool, thanks for pointing that picture out! I hadn't seen it before! Did the same illustrator draw for all of the Nancy Drew books?

message 10: by Julesy (new)

Julesy Abby wrote: "Cool, thanks for pointing that picture out! I hadn't seen it before! Did the same illustrator draw for all of the Nancy Drew books?"

No, it was a different illustrator for the book picture cover and the internal illustrations. The quality of the illustrations degrade once we get into the higher-numbered books, unfortunately.

Julesy wrote: "I last read this in 2005. (I had to check my book logs.) ;-) I love this book because it takes place in Hawaii, one of my favorite places to visit. It's interesting because this book was first writ..."

Julesy, I just saw that illustration that you were talking about. Love it :-D I don't think I've ever seen a two-page illustration in a Nancy Drew book out of all the ones I've read before.

Julesy wrote: "Abby wrote: "Cool, thanks for pointing that picture out! I hadn't seen it before! Did the same illustrator draw for all of the Nancy Drew books?"

No, it was a different illustrator for the book pi..."

That's a shame :-/ I'm still on book 20-something and the illustrations are still looking nice :-)