Seasons of Reading Readathons discussion

Summer Readathons > High Summer 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 415 comments Mod
This is our discussion thread for High Summer 2018.

message 2: by Elyse (last edited Jun 30, 2018 07:53AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments So excited to begin! I think this will be the first Readathon where I'm starting completely fresh. I should be finishing the 2 books I'm currently reading today. What I'm afraid of, lol, is managing to start something else today and not finishing it! Might just do some DVR-bingeing instead as I need to catch up on a few shows and I won't be devoting much time to TV starting tomorrow! :) Or knock out a graphic novel from my Comixology stash.

message 3: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 6 comments Well, first I'm reading pages for the screenplay workshop that meets later today. Then I will try to finish up some of the books I started reading last month!

message 4: by Elyse (last edited Jul 07, 2018 06:53AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Book 1: The Battle of Hackham Heath (346 pgs) Finished 7/4

message 5: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 14 comments Well I don't know if I should count the book I have just finished or start fresh, considering I was already 95% through the book.
Me thinks fresh would be a good idea.

Am not going to do a tbr for this readathon and just read what I feel like at the time.

Here we go!!!

message 6: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments And so it starts.... The Poisonwood Bible by Barbra Kingsolver
I'm 158 pages into the 543 page journey. Set in Africa, this one is perfect for a hot summer month.

message 7: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 14 comments Hope you are enjoying it.
Still haven't decided what to read yet

message 8: by Elyse (last edited Jul 03, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Book 2: Acceptance (audio) (354 pgs) Finished 7/3

I have some work I brought home to do so I will be listening to this while working!

message 9: by Cobwebby Reading Reindeer Remember Ukraine 🇺🇦 (last edited Jul 08, 2018 01:41PM) (new)

Cobwebby Reading Reindeer Remember Ukraine 🇺🇦  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 87 comments Read Rumor Woods
Red Harvest
The Boneyard Chronicles
Finished: Audio-book:Strange Weather|34066621]-Audio--July 1-3
Finished: Audio Necroscope: The Mobius Murders July 3-4
Finished: Audio Necroscope: The Plague-Bearer. July 4.
READ: Shadows Over Baker Street----July 3-5
READ: Copycat--July 5.
READ: Tied Up with Strings--July 6.
Audio: Broken Monsters. Finished. July 5-7.
READ. The General Theory of Haunting. July 6-8.

Listening:

Reading:

The Madwoman Upstairs-July 7-
The Stone of Sadness

message 10: by Elyse (last edited Jul 12, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Book 3: A Conjuring of Light (624 pgs) Finished 7/12

I now have my usual 3 books going; physical, audio, and ebook. :)

message 11: by Vielka (new)

Vielka (kitita) | 18 comments Hi I am going to start today: The Boleyn Inheritance ( 531 pages) By Philippa Gregory

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Princess wrote: "Hi I am going to start today: The Boleyn Inheritance ( 531 pages) By Philippa Gregory"

Welcome, Vielka! Great choice. :)

message 13: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 14 comments Finished my first book The Party by Robyn Harding - not bad, quite enjoyed it.
Now starting a Debbie Macomber.
Hope everyone doing well

message 14: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Elyse wrote: "Book 2: Acceptance (audio) (354 pgs)

I have some work I brought home to do so I will be listening to this while working!"

Finished my first book!

message 15: by Vielka (new)

Vielka (kitita) | 18 comments Thank you Michelle, happy to be in this marathon, will try to finish by the end of the month, I am reading another one but is in Spanish, the name is El Cerrajero del Rey!!

message 16: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 14 comments Well 86% through my second book and enjoying it.

message 17: by Alleluialu (new)

Alleluialu | 2 comments Finished two books today: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson and Love and Other Consolation Prizes by Jamie Ford. What a productive day I have had!

message 18: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Elyse wrote: "Book 1: The Battle of Hackham Heath (346 pgs)"

Finished my second book!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

You guys are rocking it!

message 20: by Elyse (last edited Jul 07, 2018 06:53AM) (new)

message 21: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments Finished my first book! Poisonwood Bible. A book of substance but also entertaining... There was so much to think about in this book and I had to take breaks but I highly recommend it! Now I need something a little bit more light...

Book 2 A Grave Sight by Charlaine Harrie

message 22: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Kendra wrote: "Book 2 A Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris..."

I enjoyed the Harper Connelly series (not done yet) but not my favorite one. <3 Lily Bard!

message 23: by Steven (last edited Jul 05, 2018 09:44AM) (new)

Steven Karalash (mysternightowl) | 8 comments Less than an hour to go to finish The Maze Runner Files and I can't seem to get any time to do it! Today! It's got to be finished today! :)

message 24: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments Finished Book 2: A Grave Sight it was a fun quick page turner!

Elyse I checked out the Lily Bard series and it looks good. I will look for it next time I'm at Half priced books! If it's anything like this one I know it will be readable.

message 25: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Kendra wrote: "Finished Book 2: A Grave Sight it was a fun quick page turner!

Elyse I checked out the Lily Bard series and it looks good. I will look for it next time I'm at Half priced books! If it's anything ..."

It's good! :)

message 26: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Elyse wrote: "Book 4: From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars (audio)"

Finished my third book!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Vampire Instinct, Circe, Bleeding Edge, What is not yours is not yours and listening to The Complete Patrick Melrose Novels.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Coral wrote: "I'm reading Vampire Instinct, Circe, Bleeding Edge, What is not yours is not yours and listening to The Complete Patrick Melrose Novels."

Wow! I SO want to read Circe. Enjoy and thanks for joining us!

message 29: by writer... (last edited Jul 20, 2018 07:16PM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 88 comments Michelle wrote: "This is our discussion thread for High Summer 2018."

Happy to discover this annual is now monthlong, Michelle! Here's my reading to date...
1. The Greek Escape by Karen Swan 2. A Tiding of Magpies A Birder Murder Mystery by Steve Burrows 3. Bathroom Book of Manitoba Trivia by Lisa Wojna 4. The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan 5. A Day in London by Lesley Anne Ivory 6. The Word Is Murder by Anthony Horowitz 7. Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5) by Joanne Fluke 8. An Old, Cold Grave (Lane Winslow #3) by Iona Whishaw
9. Hickory Dickory Dock by Agatha Christie 10. Paris for One and Other Stories by Jojo Moyes 11. A Paris Year My Day-to-Day Adventures in the Most Romantic City in the World by Janice Macleod

I see I need to update this for mid-month reporting ! I'll be back..

12. Murder Is Easy by Agatha Christie 13. The Paris Librarian (Hugo Marston #6) by Mark Pryor 14. To Die but Once (Maisie Dobbs #14) by Jacqueline Winspear 15. Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) by L.M. Montgomery 16. The Introvert Writer Being Your Creative Best By Being Your Truest Self by Jamie Arpin-Ricci 17. French Twist by James Patterson 18. Summers In France by Kathryn Ireland 19. The Way to Slumbertown by L.M. Montgomery 20. A Refuge Assured by Jocelyn Green

message 30: by Steven (new)

Steven Karalash (mysternightowl) | 8 comments Link to my blog on High Summer Readathon progress and other things.. https://mysternightowl.wordpress.com/...

message 31: by Elyse (last edited Jul 12, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Book 5: The Crime of the Century (audio) (576 pgs) Finished 7/12

message 32: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments writer... wrote: "Michelle wrote: "This is our discussion thread for High Summer 2018."

Happy to discover this annual is now monthlong, Michelle! Here's my reading to date...
1. [bookcover:The Greek Escape|38323053..."

Nine books read over 8 days?! Nicely done!

Linda  "The Book Lady" Warner | 1 comments Just joined group. Reading The Other king. Will put on my list

message 34: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 14 comments Just finished my forth book - The Thirty Nine Steps by John Buchan. It was my first Buchan and I enjoyed it.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "Coral wrote: "I'm reading Vampire Instinct, Circe, Bleeding Edge, What is not yours is not yours and listening to The Complete Patrick Melrose Novels."

Wow! I SO want to read Circe. Enjoy and than..."

I heartily recommend it!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Elyse wrote: "Started book 5: The Crime of the Century (audio)

Still working on A Conjuring of Light but loving it!"

I have those on my list to read. :-)

message 37: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Coral wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Started book 5: The Crime of the Century (audio)

I have those on my list to read. :-)"

The Shades of Magic trilogy is amazing!!

message 38: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments Just finished my third book!

started my 4th... Good Morning Midnight by lily Brooks-Dalton and its off to a great start!

message 39: by Vielka (new)

Vielka (kitita) | 18 comments Hello: Finish today EL CERRAJERO DEL REY ..... And continue with THE BOLEYN INHERITANCE.....

message 40: by Vielka (new)

Vielka (kitita) | 18 comments From January thru today I have read 8 books!! And continue!!! HAPPY TRAILS!!!

message 41: by Elyse (last edited Jul 12, 2018 08:41AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Elyse wrote: "Book 3: A Conjuring of Light (624 pgs)

I now have my usual 3 books going; physical, audio, and ebook. :)"

Finished my 4th book today! Loved this trilogy!

message 42: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Elyse wrote: "Started book 5: The Crime of the Century (audio)

Finished my 5th book!

message 43: by Elyse (last edited Jul 22, 2018 01:05PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Book 6: Good Behavior (audio) (290 pgs) Finished 7/15
Book 7: No Less Days (289 pgs) Finished 7/19
Book 8: The Girl in the Green Silk Gown (352 pgs) Finished 7/22

message 44: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments Michelle wrote: "Coral wrote: "I'm reading Vampire Instinct, Circe, Bleeding Edge, What is not yours is not yours and listening to The Complete Patrick Melrose Novels."

Wow! I SO want to read Circe. Enjoy and than..."

Circe is also on my list!

message 45: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments Finished book 4- Good Morning Midnight by Lily Brooks Dalton. It is not my usual style of book but I really enjoyed it.

Onto book 5: City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty- it's like an adult Aladin style book with a magical world complete with flying carpet... Loving it!

message 46: by Readsandeats (new)

Readsandeats | 14 comments Finished my 5th book, which was an ok read.

Hope everyone is doing well.

message 47: by Elyse (last edited Jul 27, 2018 05:04AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Book 9: Skyjack (400 pgs) Finished 7/27

message 48: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 438 comments Elyse wrote: "Book 6: Good Behavior (audio) (290 pgs)"

Finished my 6th book!

message 49: by Lolita (new)

Lolita | 6 comments Mid-event Check-in: Finished 9 books. Reading book 10: The Curse of Chalion.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 50: by Steven (new)

« previous 1