Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

The Child
This topic is about The Child
Archives > July 2018-Final Thoughts-**Spoilers Allowed**- The Child

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 3960 comments Mod
Final thoughts (and reviews if you like) on The Child by Sebastian Fitzek The Child by Sebastian Fitzek

message 2: by Rob (last edited Jul 19, 2018 09:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob | 635 comments This was really far fetched but I'd be buggered if I could put the bloody thing down.
So many short chapters that left you hanging. Just one more chapter then I'll stop. Well maybe just one more.

The end was good inasmuch as I could decide how it ended.
Which is better than an end that leaves you thinking "you've got to be kidding me".
This is my third book by Sebastian Fitzek and they have all been different. Other than they are all page turners.

message 3: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 9894 comments Mod
Good to know you enjoyed it just a little bit Rob!!! ;)

Kerri_M | 698 comments Just finished. As Rob said, far fetched, but very readable, and with a bit of a twilight zone twist at the end.

message 5: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm looking forward to it!

Kylie H | 929 comments Just finished this, like Rob and Kerri I found this to be quite far fetched, as well as confronting, disturbing and exhausting.
However, the author, I think was quite clever. As every character in the book appeared to be as disbelieving of the situation as I was. In a way it made it a little bit more believable (if that makes sense).
The storyline was out there and it certainly did not pull its punches. There are some very 'ugly' scenes in this story that will not be easy to forget.
Hard to put down, I can't say that I enjoyed it, given the subject material, but I did think it was quite a good read!

Heather | 42 comments I loved it thankyou for introducing me to an author I hadn't yet discovered. Quite a page turner and lots of plot twists. Will be reading more of his in the future.

message 8: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (last edited Jul 16, 2018 12:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 3960 comments Mod
I thought it was interesting too, and a real page turner in the same way as a James Patterson or a Lee Child book is.
I liked that the author gave a realistic explanation for the child's visions and then threw in the inexplicable bit at the end just to keep us unbalanced.
Like Heather I am happy to have been introduced to a new author.

message 9: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just finished and wow! What a ride! Fascinating and thrilling - I'll be reading more by this author :) Thanks to whomever nominated it!

message 10: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Bates | 7 comments Just had a look at the blurb and reviews. Will have to check it out!

message 11: by Kadi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kadi (kads) | 68 comments I read that quick! I also found it far fetched but also felt like I needed to know what happened.

message 12: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I hope you enjoy if you decide to read it Sonya :) And I agree Kadi, a quick read for me too :)

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Child (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Patterson (other topics)
Lee Child (other topics)
Sebastian Fitzek (other topics)