Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

The Child
This topic is about The Child
Archives > July 2018-First Thoughts-**No Spoilers**- The Child

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (last edited Jun 29, 2018 08:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 3958 comments Mod
First thoughts on The Child by Sebastian Fitzek The Child by Sebastian Fitzek

message 2: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Very excited to discover my library has this!!!

Kerri_M | 698 comments You are starting early Phrynne! I am looking forward to starting this one, but still have 1 June book to finish :)

message 4: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh I am not starting it yet. It is the 1st of July tomorrow. I always post next months book choices on the last day of the previous month.

message 5: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 9892 comments Mod
I picked mine up from the library a couple of days ago, so I'm ready too!

Kylie H | 929 comments Finally able to start reading this, I hope it lives up to my expectations! ☺

Kerri_M | 698 comments Hmmm... I know that I was the one to nominate this book. I nominated it because it was German (of course) and because I had an audible audiobook copy of it waiting, which I had picked up for free at some point over the last year or so through some audible promotion.

Started last night, and turns out that the audible book is actually a dramatisation, like a radio play, with a number of well known British actors involved. So that's a bit different.

So far... its a bit weirder than I was expecting!

Kylie H | 929 comments I have never tried an audiobook, it may change the way you perceive the book. I hope that it gets better for you.
I am only a couple of chapter in, and it is a bit out there, but intriguing.

message 9: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 9892 comments Mod
I don't like audio - but that's only my preference :)

Kerri_M | 698 comments I do quite a few audio. I listen to them in the car mostly, travelling to work and back. Gives me an extra 10 hours or so of "reading time" a week!

The quality of the narrators does vary, and there have been times I have given up because the narrators were too annoying, but mostly they are very good, and sometimes I think they add to the story (love those scottish and irish accents).

A dramatisation is a bit different again.

Kylie give audio ago, lots of them on Borrowbox! Some people like them, some people don't.

Kylie H | 929 comments Thanks Kerri, I had seen them in BorrowBox but it never occurred me to try it. My brother has a job that requires him to do a form of guard duty - he always has an audio book on the go.
Usually when I am in the car i have the kids with me, so my book preferences may not be appropriate for them ☺

message 12: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just starting it now:)

message 13: by Kadi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kadi (kads) | 68 comments I'm starting it today

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Child (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sebastian Fitzek (other topics)