Blue Lake Academy discussion

Outside Campus > Starlight Cinemas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 29, 2018 08:09PM) (new)

Starlight Cinemas is a movie theater not to far from the school campus. The theater plays all of the recently released movies both with and without 3D and also sells great movie snacks for everyone to enjoy.

description description

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Ooh, good idea!))

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

(( Thanks.))

message 4: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Ever since the movie festival started Sienna had been coming regularly. They were projecting some foreign movies and short films and she wanted to watch them all. It was something that she did back home with her friends, but here she was doing it by herself.

She had just walked out of a short film projection, the second one today. She hadn’t eaten anything, and as she was getting hungry she decided to pick something here. So as she approached the counter, she recognized the employee behind it.

She knew him by now, at least only because of the name tag, she had hardly ever spoken to him, but there was something about him that called her attention. She was almost sure she had seen this guy, Gunner, around school at least a few times.

“Hi,” she said, as she approached him. “I will take... hmmm let’s see...” she stalled as she eyed the menu.

message 5: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Uhhh- ehm, thanks,” Sienna answered, caught by surprise. It was the first time the employee had talked to her outside of the protocol.

She turned her gaze to him and formed a small smile with her lips. She quickly returned to eye the menu one more time.

“How about... the hotdog or the nachos?” she asked, placing her hands in the counter and leaning forward a bit.

With her eyes, she looked for his name tag again. She wanted to make sure she had the right name. ‘Gunner’. Alright.

message 6: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Oh, no no no no, I’m not good with spicy things,” Sienna quickly answered.

She left out a sigh as she eyed the menu for the last time.

“So... nothing good?” She asked, disappointed.

message 7: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments ((Hi, totally not stalking this rp. But are Sienna and Gunner going to become a thing?))

message 8: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Well then, I’ll follow your advice and I’ll be taking some of those, please,” she said. “Along any soda that it isn’t watered down,” she added with a slight chuckle.

Sienna smiled to him and ran her hand through her hair. The guy was good looking, and she was truly curious about him. She was almost completely sure attended Blue Lake...

message 9: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((Well, let’s see what happens! I don’t know yet... you have RP with Sienna before... you know how can she get to be at times.. >:) )

message 10: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments ((You should be worried, Sienna can be a bit nasty at times. If they do end up together though... I don't know if Tevi will be angry, or if he'll be all over Gunner))

message 11: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled to him. He was being all nice with her.

“Thank you kindly, but you don’t have to worry. I’ll pay for it,” she said as she grabbed the food and handed him a 20 dollar bill. She just kept smiling to him the whole time, a sincere smile.

Before she saved her wallet, she took out three extra 1 dollar bills and placed them on the tips jar.

“It’s not usual for an employee to share the dark secrets of their companies... I would’ve probably spend more on a hotdog and popcorn,” Sienna said as she was tucking in the bills inside the jar. “So here... your compensation,” she added when the bills were completely inside.

“Thanks, Gunner.”

message 12: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((She’s growing as a character y’know? Hahahaha))

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((She's always been so sweet to Rodney... I wonder what would happen if he asked about Tevi...))

message 14: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((We should RP them again someday, the catch up would be amazing! hahaha))

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Definitely. Their last roleplay was August of 2017, when Rodney was elected president of the Student Council. That's a lot of catching up to do.))

message 16: by Max (last edited Jul 15, 2018 01:31PM) (new)

Max | 1137 comments ((Sienna is definitely a boy-catcher. Although I'm not quite sure if Tevi has fully forgiven her for their last encounter. He's totally in love with his boyfriend though, so Sienna won't have to worry about that problem again))

message 17: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((You are going to scare Laurel away! hahahaha But yeah... she has... some history on this group.))

Sienna was about to turn away when Gunner asked that question. She was glad, though, that meant he also went to BLA.

“Yes. I’m just entered to my senior year here. You go as well, don’t you?” she answered.

message 18: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I’m on history,” Sienna answered. She felt a little bit awkward, as if the conversation had gotten to a stop, but she wanted to keep talking with this guy. She felt it could be inappropriate, though... Gunner was still working.

“My name is Sienna, by the way...” she said after a few seconds of awkward silence.

message 19: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled.

“Yeah...” she said simply. She turned around and walked out of the cinema before he could see her blush.

She was actually happy to having met him, he was a real nice guy, he had offered a very big discount, and the idea that he had wanted to get know her was ver exciting for her.

((Uhm... I think this was a nice start. Do you want to continue on this same thread (we could time skip) or maybe somewhere else? Maybe at school or something))

message 20: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((Hmmm there doesn’t seem to be any classroom threads... how about they meet on the hallway? There do is a Hallway Thread. What do you say?))

message 21: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((Do you want me to post first?))

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((There are classroom threads, they just disappeared because no one had posted on them for a while. To access old threads, click "all," which is to the right of "DISCUSSION BOARDS." https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...))

message 23: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna entered the cinema at 6:30, exactly the time she had told Gunner. She had put a little more effort on her outfit tonight, and she was even wearing make up. Of course this was not a date, that point had been established by Gunner himself, but still, she wanted to leave a good impression on him.

She stood by the entrance, waiting for Gunner or at least hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

message 24: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Oh...” Sienna responded. She felt SO embarrassed. This was even more casual than what she had imagined. She broke eye contact as she rubbed her left shoulder.

She tried to make a small smile, but she wasn’t able to form it. She forced it through and nodded.

“Just... one,” she said almost inaudibly.

message 25: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna nodded. “Alright,” she said, forcing another smile, although this one seemed sincere.

She went to the counter to order some food after Gunner was gone.

“Hello! I will take... a Jalapeño Popper? And some sour candy, and a cherry coke and a bottle of water, please,” she ordered to the employee on shift. He went to get what she asked and returned with the food. He then told her how much money it would cost.

Sienna felt embarrassed when she explained the guy that she had come with another employee. He only tapped something on his computer and smiled to her, telling she was free to go with the food with no charge at all.

message 26: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna didn’t found that weird. “Stop holding yourself back!” she said chuckling. Gunner was SO shy, she only wanted him to relax a little.

She smiled to him. “Lead the way,” she told him.

message 27: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Recently. It’s really just because of the movie festival,” Sienna explained. “What about you? Do you watch a lot of movies?”

Sienna eyed the Jalapeño poppers. They seemed really tasty, but she knew that she could barely handle spicy food.

message 28: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments She took the coke and drank some of it, but the spicy was still felt on her mouth.

“I know! I usually make bad choices,” Sienna said as she flinched. The spicy should go away soon, she kept thinking.

“So... what movie was this again?” She asked between small gasps.

message 29: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna paid attention to all what he had said, and noticed that he had trailed off. She knew the novel, so she kind of knew about the premise of the movie. She connected the dots and figured out that Gunner may have a mentally challenged sibling. She understood that this may be a soft spot for him, and was moved that he had asked her to come with him.

“Thanks for sharing this movie with me,” she said warmly. Gently pressing her hand on Gunner’s shoulder. She wanted him to feel better.

message 30: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna sighed silently. ‘Yea sure’ echoed on her head. It just... sounded too casual... Every time. Every single time she had been kind or attentive to him he just did that... She wasn’t really sure if he appreciated it... or if it made a difference at least...

Maybe Gunner wasn’t a shy person... maybe he was a sad person. It wasn’t his fault, but Sienna knew that she couldn’t handle people like that. She hoped she was wrong.

And so, the movie started. She became emotionally invested pretty soon, and the story took her on an emotional rollercoaster that culminated with that depressive ending. Of course, Sienna was crying all over, silently, she only covered her mouth to silence her sobbing as tears and tears rolled out her eyes. She was a little embarrassed by that. She was easily moved by old movies.

message 31: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna nodded slowly as she cleaned her tears. She didn’t knew what to say about the movie.

“What a story,” she said as a broke smile appeared on her lips, she still cleaned her tears.

message 32: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “N-no...” she said. Her mind was a little bit off right now still trying to process the movie. How all went down for the characters... how it all had to end after a brief moment of hope.

She want sobbing anymore, and there were no more tears on her eyes.

She thought that Gunner was going to propose to go for dinner, so she didn’t said anything else, giving him the chance to come up with a plan.

message 33: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Yeah... sure,” Sienna answered. She still had a shocked expression on her face.

“I think that is exactly what I need right now... I think I might get depressed,” she said jokingly. She wanted to ask about the movie to him, about what he had said before it started... but decided to wait until the frozen yogurt. That would definitely make things easier.

She smiled to him. “Lead the way. I’ll follow.”

message 34: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I did liked it,” Sienna answered with a sigh. “It’s a very strong story, and the movie it’s also well made.”

Sienna shrugged. Outside it was warmer than home, sure, but she found it particularly bothersome.

“You told me earlier... this was a movie you needed to see with someone. If I may ask... why?” She asked as she followed him.

message 35: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I-I see...” Sienna muttered, pursing her lips. She thought to herself that if she had watched the movie alone it wouldn’t really affect her. It would make her sad, but it wouldn’t break her, that’s for sure. She couldn’t say the same about Gunner. She felt that he wanted to talk about it... be it would be tricky to get him to get it all out, and even if he did, she wasn’t sure if would be able to handle it.

“S-so... this movie has a deeper meaning for you...” she said carefully.

message 36: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna offered a worried look to him as she passed through the door. She nodded to him to thank him.

She was hesitant to ask, but now that the conversation had turned that way she dared to ask.

“You... have a disabled brother?” she asked carefully.

message 37: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna just stared at him silently. She realized the gravity of the situation. It all made even more sense now. She felt silent for some moments.

She chose carefully the words that she was about to say.

“You don’t have to put yourself through things like that movie,” she said and paused. She was trying to give him some advice... but she felt it wasn’t the right thing to say to him.

“...but, just as I was there to watch it with you I’m here for whatever you need,” she added, inviting him to give her a hug.

message 38: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna was relieved when he did hugged her back. She gently tightened the hug.

“We are friends now,” she whispered to his ear. “You can count on me.”

She wanted to tell him so much more. She wanted to tell him that he didn’t owed that to nobody. That he should stop thinking about it and get distracted. That he didn’t had to keep doing this to himself... but she knew it would probably be useless. When sad, people doesn’t tend to listen to reason, that’s why she was so bad at handling sad or angry people. All what she could do was telling him she would be there for him.

message 39: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Good idea,” she said, taking a step back and giving him a warm smile.

“Well I’ve never been here. What are you going to order?” She asked.

message 40: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Ohhhh! Alright, I get it!” Sienna answered. It sounded so delicious!

She went immediately to serve herself a cup of peach flavored frozen yogurt, and then proceeded to add a rasp berry sauce with some gummy bears.

She looked like a kid on a candy shop. She was really awestruck with all the possible combinations. She smiled brightly as she then tasted her creation.

message 41: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “Superb~” Sienna answered, beaming brightly at him. “I need to return someday again and try different combinations. This is amazing!”

She took another scoop of the frozen yogurt and tasted it. “But seriously, between treats like this and the cinema snacks... if basketball practices doesn’t start soon I’m going to start to gain weight,” she told him.

She digged out another scoop and offered it to Gunner. “You want some?”

message 42: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled and passed him the spoon.

She then tried his ice cream. “Mmmmm... It’s delicious! You’ve got a good taste,” she complimented.

“Yeah. I do. I’m part of the team, the Dolphins, but I’ve played my whole life,” she told him.

message 43: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna chuckled a bit. “You’ve mastered it,” she commented.

“No, but... swimming is a very complete sport. Plus... right now I’m summer ir must be delicious to get into the pool regularly,” she said.

Tired of standing, she grabbed a seat nearby on a table for two.

message 44: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled to him and continue to eat from her ice cream.

“Where are you from?” She asked after a couple of minutes of comfortable silence.

message 45: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “How awesome! A Viking!” Sienna said in awe. She chuckled a bit. “Sorry...” she added. “I’m into that sort of things... history, I mean. I’m a history interest at BLA so...” she said apologetically. “Sorry if...”

Sienna cleared her throat.

“50% Ontarian, 50% Québécois... 100% Canadian,” she answered. An nervous smile appearing on her face.

message 46: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna watched his hand moving through his hair, almost hypnotized. He had such a beautiful hair. She so wanted to do that with his hair.

“Hmmmm No, no...” she answered after a couple of seconds. “I lived there my whole life, I probably will. I just came here to do my high school.”

“What are you in BLA for? What’s your interest?” She asked as she finished her ice cream, throwing her now empty cup away to a trash can that was a few feet away. It went right in without touching the borders of the trash can.

“Still got it!” She muttered to herself.

....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... ....... .......

message 47: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I LOVE to travel!” Sienna said excitedly as she placed both hands on the table and leaned forward a bit. “I surely hope you get to go there soon.”

She returned to her seat calmly, and blushing slightly in embarrassment. She sometimes got carried away, specially when talking about journeys.

“So... I take you are a drummer then,” she said more serene. “Well that’s so cool too! Are you in a band?”

message 48: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna pursed her lips. She noticed she had hit another soft spot.

“Sure,” she said more reassuringly, standing up from her seat.

“Well... I play the piano... but I’m not sure if drums and piano compliment each other,” she said, shrugging.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

message 49: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I would call myself ‘good’ but if you ever wanna try let me know,” Sienna offered as she walked along.

“Well... one gets used to it, I guess...” she said. “I think you feel it more than me.”

message 50: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled. “Then let me know and we can give it a try,” she answered.

“Well... I don’t know... I dress more lightly here than back home but... I don’t have a secret. I did felt the weather difference my first year here,” she said shrugging.

« previous 1 3