What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Mysteries. Romance. Humor. Strong Female Role.

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haven (new)

Haven | 6 comments I have really enjoyed & re-read DEBORAH COONTS - Lucky O'Toole series. J.D.ROBBS - In Death Series. T. GEPHART - Lexi Series. ALICE CLAYTON - Wallbanger, Redhead Series. TIJAN - Fallen Crest Series. G.J.WALKER-SMITH - The Wishes Series. Please Suggest me more.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa M. | 5 comments If you like fantasy series: Evangeline Anderson - Kindred series and Grace Goodwin - cyborg series ( very erotic series though).

message 3: by Haven (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:07AM) (new)

Haven | 6 comments Preference to humor. Alice Clayton had some chicklit but was really funny., so was Deborah Coonts. Thanks in advance.

message 4: by Temeritous (last edited Jun 30, 2018 10:23AM) (new)

Temeritous | 20 comments You might really enjoy the Penelope Blue series by Tamara Morgan, starting with Stealing Mr. Right. Laugh out loud parts throughout, I loved the humor; is a romance, a bit of a slow burn and hate-to-love somewhat; has an element of mystery as to what is going to happen and who certain people are; good plots and action along with the romance and humor. She is a jewel thief and he is an FBI agent after her. 3 books out so far, maybe more to come?? Can be read as stand-alones.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Louisiana Longshot is a mystery series first, but there is humour (or at least I found it funny, but I've been told my sense of humour is a bit odd) there is a very, very, very slow growing romance. The MC is a CIA sniper/assassin who is in a form of witness protection because someone "outed" her to a vengeful Middle East arms dealer.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

You might also enjoy the Innkeeper series by Ilona Andrews. Clean Sweep is the first book in the series. This one doesn't have much humour in it, but books 2 and 3 have some.

message 7: by Haven (new)

Haven | 6 comments Rosa wrote: "If you like fantasy series: Evangeline Anderson - Kindred series and Grace Goodwin - cyborg series ( very erotic series though)."

Thanks Heaps

message 8: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 225 comments The Chrissy McMullen series by Lois Greiman is a funny mystery series :)

message 9: by Preethi (new)

Preethi | 48 comments Books by Julie James. All are humorous, Romantic.
Something about You has a bit of suspense in it

message 10: by Temeritous (last edited Jul 03, 2018 07:41PM) (new)

Temeritous | 20 comments If you haven't tried Susan Elizabeth Phillip's books yet, I highly recommend hers, especially her "Chicago Stars" series for contemporary romance with a LOT of extremely funny parts, unique storylines, strong heroines, great depth to the characters, touching parts, and great side characters, too. They can each be read as stand-alones, also. My favorites, which were the funniest, to me, are Heaven, Texas , Natural Born Charmer , Ain't She Sweet , First Star I See Tonight , and It Had to Be You (<-- despite the horrible new cover).

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments May work, but much more funny, my opinion, janet evanovich’s. One for the Money books?

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments And if you want a bit of paranormal and funny mix, try Shelly Laurenston’s The Mane Event. Laughed in public while reading resulting in MANY looks from people in public. Also, Molly Harper’s Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, seriously made me look like an idiot in public too.

message 13: by Haven (new)

Haven | 6 comments Thanks for all these suggestions.

message 14: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Jessica wrote: "And if you want a bit of paranormal and funny mix, try Shelly Laurenston’s The Mane Event. Laughed in public while reading resulting in MANY looks from people in public. Also, Molly H..."

I agree with both. Molly Harper often makes me laugh out loud. And Shelly Laurenston tends to be goofy and fun, too.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Joseph wrote: "Jessica wrote: "And if you want a bit of paranormal and funny mix, try Shelly Laurenston’s The Mane Event. Laughed in public while reading resulting in MANY looks from people in publi..."

If you like those, have you tried Tempest Rising

message 16: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Jessica wrote: "Joseph wrote: "Jessica wrote: "If you like those, have you tried Tempest Rising"

Yep, another fun one.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 323 comments Twisted Bond by Emma Hart and Whiskey Rebellion by Liliana Hart are both funny mysteries. Twisted bond has a stronger female lead and whiskey rebellion had more humor, but I found them both to be good, humorous reads

message 18: by Temeritous (new)

Temeritous | 20 comments Brittany wrote: "Twisted Bond by Emma Hart and Whiskey Rebellion by Liliana Hart are both funny mysteries. Twisted bond has a stronger female lead a..."

Both of those are free in Kindle books on Amazon right now, too! Thank you, Brittany!

message 19: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 102 comments For humor, plus female action leads, try Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse (paranormal) series, starting with: Dead Until Dark

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum (bounty hunter) books always made me laugh. Start with One for the Money

message 20: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 114 comments Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb. Murder at a science fiction convention. Marion is a strong female.

message 21: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 10, 2018 09:37PM) (new)

Bimbos of the Death Sun Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb the click for Cycad's suggestion.

(And I loved this. I bought it when it first came out because the cover and title were just so great.)

message 22: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (manduck) | 112 comments Undead and Unwed

Real Vampires Have Curves

Carpe Demon

Blondes Have More Felons

Lyndsay Sands is always a winner for me, I love her vampire series most but this book was laugh out loud funny The Countess

50 Ways to Hex Your Lover