Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > July 2018: Oryx and Crake

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:15PM) (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
Discussion for Oryx and Crake starts here!

Discussion questions provided by publisher: *click the spoiler link to see!*

(view spoiler)

message 2: by John (new)

John | 73 comments wow. This was weird. Just weird. I don't know that I can say I enjoyed this ride. I'll try to contribute to at least one question though

4) Yes there is a phone game I played 4 years ago called plague where you try to kill the planet before cures can be distributed.

12) I did Fahrenheit 451 a year ago and 1984 just this week. I didn't really see much similarities but I also wasn't looking for them. I felt like in both of those, there were "thought police" elements. Maybe I missed it in this book. There was so much dialog in this one that maybe I missed more of the undertones as I was listening to the talking. I was a bit distracted by the constant sexual themes that story overtly agonizes over again and again. I think every dialog with Jimmy/Crake included something.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) My first experience with Atwood. I read this upon recommendation by a friend, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it!