CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Halfway Celebration! > Mini Challenge #5: Thrill of Anticipation

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 754 comments Mod
With only 26 weeks left in the challenge, what read are you most anticipating?

There are a lot of books on my "to be read" pile. A lot of them I am looking forward to. But I've been craving a reread of the Lord of the Rings (I know, I know, I'm a broken record about that series) so I am most anticipating that. I think I'll start it in the fall, because that's when both Bilbo and Frodo left on their adventures. It's perfect for that time.

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I have to decide what books I am taking to Europe & whether they will be physical books or on my kindle.
The Death of Mrs Westaway & The Book of M are possible choices.
I’ve been trying to read some off my huge “want to read” list because the list is growing faster then i can read. Ha ha

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 58 comments My to-read pile is always growing, but my most anticipated is Artemis because my husband already read it and is itching to discuss.

message 4: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha Weirdly enough, I am looking forward to reading Erik Larson's In the Garden of Beasts. I am enjoying his writing style in Devil in the White City so much, and the subject matter intrigues me.
In the Garden of Beasts Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 478 comments I've got a whole list of books I'm waiting for. :)
But the ones I'm really looking forward to are The Corpse at the Crystal Palace by Carola Dunn, 4 Funerals and Maybe a Wedding by Rhys Bowen, and The Prisoner in the Castle by Susan Elia MacNeal.
The Corpse at the Crystal Palace (Daisy Dalrymple, #23) by Carola Dunn Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Her Royal Spyness Mystery, # 12) by Rhys Bowen The Prisoner in the Castle (Maggie Hope Mystery #8) by Susan Elia MacNeal

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Krause (aekrause) | 4 comments My most anticipated release this year is Karin Slaughter’s “Pieces of Her”, can’t wait for this one! Also Jar of Hearts was another I was excited for and it was awesome!

message 7: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
Don’t have one