Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Harry Potter Schedule

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
Here's the Schedule for the Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling Buddy Reads:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone October 1, 2018
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets October 8, 2018
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban October 15, 2018
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire October 22, 2018
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix November 5, 2018
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince November 26, 2018
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows December 17, 2018

message 2: by Beste (new)

Beste | 1163 comments In.
Charlieee! Come join this one.

message 3: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Yeah I’m gonna join this one

I think I might have book 3 somewhere in the house I may need to dig it up when I get there

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments I cheated and started Philosopher’s Stone today. But I have a good excuse. My 18-month old son had major cranial reconstructive surgery Thursday (his brain didn’t have enough room to grow properly). I was reading The Vagrant and just couldn’t deal with it. It was so dark, and was just not the right book for this time in life. I needed some familiar comfort reads, which meant Wheel of Time and Harry Potter.

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments Hi Andrew, best of luck with your kid’s recovery. Hope everything is gonna be okay 🙂.

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments Barry wrote: "Hi Andrew, best of luck with your kid’s recovery. Hope everything is gonna be okay 🙂."

Thanks Barry for the kind words. We got discharged from the hospital and are back home now. My little dude is much happier now that he's home, but he's still got a long road to recovery.

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
Andrew I'm glad to hear your little dude is on the road to recovery. I can't imagine having to go through something like that. Definitely rely of some comfort reads right now... maybe even read a few to him. :) I hope recovery goes well.

message 8: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments I m in

message 9: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I'm gonna join this. I already reread the series earlier this year, but autumn is the perfect time for HP and i miss hogwarts already 🤗

message 10: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Gonna be listening to the jim dale audiobooks. I've been wanting to try them for a while, i only know the stephen fry ones.

message 11: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments I jumped ahead and read book 1 last month and it was fucking brilliant

Can't wait to start book 2

message 12: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Is it your first time reading the series?

message 13: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Yep first time so I’m in for a treat

message 14: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Awesome! I love watching youtube videos of people who are reading it for the first time. I'm looking forwards to your thoughts on the series 😃

message 15: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments I also want read it but there are no thread for that.

message 16: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I'm probably not going to read the cursed child. I haven't yet and I don't know if i ever will 😅

message 17: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments Meagan wrote: "I’ve read it once and it wasn’t awful but it certainly wasn’t the same"

Agreed. Also, since the format is a playscript rather than novel, it kinda comes across as low effort fanfic.

message 18: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I think seeing it as an actual play would be better. It wasn't intended to be read anyway...
I hope they'll do a recording of it at some point. I doubt they'll be touring in my country, let alone in english 😅

message 19: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "I'm probably not going to read the cursed child. I haven't yet and I don't know if i ever will 😅"

I wouldn't read it, if I had the chance to go back and stop myself. It really... frustrated me. But it's your choice! :)

message 20: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments Did anyone here read Cursed Child for the Buddy Read? (Or at all? 😉)