#AYEARATHON discussion

August - Middlegrade Month > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2007 comments Mod
So, Just putting this up early since I know some people are ahead. I havent started any books Earlier but Come Monday I shall start right away...Hopefully. I need to stay away from the FanFiction .

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (infiniteink) | 17 comments ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Me. Too. The struggle is real.

message 3: by Rekha (new)

Rekha (rekharavikumar) | 42 comments So on day 1 I read 2 Middle grade books:

The boxcar children #4: Mystery Ranch
The boxcar children #5: Mike's mystery

on day two I read 2 Middle grade books:

The boxcar children #6: Woodshed mystery
The boxcar children #7: Blue Bay mystery

message 4: by Rekha (new)

Rekha (rekharavikumar) | 42 comments Oops t was supposed to be the other way

Blue bay mystery was #6 and Woodshed mystery was #7

message 5: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments HEY PEEPS ITS KERRI AGAIN. Bet youre tired of my face by now, but TOO BAD SUCKAS ;) I'll be handling this thread this week, so BRING ME YOUR UPDATES! Have you started anything early? I havent, but I am super psyched for this week to get underway! Don't forget to post your TBR lists on the TBR and Media threads :) AND GET PUMPED (I had sugar this morning, can you tell?) xoxo

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Rekha wrote: "So on day 1 I read 2 Middle grade books:

The boxcar children #4: Mystery Ranch
The boxcar children #5: Mike's mystery

on day two I read 2 Middle grade books:

The boxcar children #6: Woodshed mys..."

Did you start early? Just curious how you can already be finished with day 2 when day 1 hasn't even started yet in my timezone.

message 7: by ke-sha (new)

Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Me. Too. The struggle is real."

Lol I was trying to stay away but then I checked my Email and Someone Updated a story I Loved and well I dont know what happned I Blacked out and like an hour or so had gone by Lol
Ooops
#SorryNotSorry

message 8: by Rekha (new)

Rekha (rekharavikumar) | 42 comments To Kirsten:

I'm on vacation in India... It's already 9 minutes into August 4th here... And it started on August 1st right? So day one was August 1st and day two was August second... Was I wrong?

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) Rekha wrote: "To Kirsten:

I'm on vacation in India... It's already 9 minutes into August 4th here... And it started on August 1st right? So day one was August 1st and day two was August second... Was I wrong?"

It starts on August 4th.

message 10: by Rekha (new)

Rekha (rekharavikumar) | 42 comments To amber:

Oh, I'm sorry! I though that Since it's middle grade month, the whole month counted. This is my first month and I am so sorry!

message 11: by Kirsten (last edited Aug 03, 2014 01:29PM) (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Rekha wrote: "To amber:

Oh, I'm sorry! I though that Since it's middle grade month, the whole month counted. This is my first month and I am so sorry!"

Ohh I understand now. No worries. I am not the greatest at time zones at the best of times but I didn't think there was anywhere that was THAT far ahead heh.

Yeah they titled it Middlegrade month since each month they change the theme for the read-a-thon but it runs just for 1 week from the first Monday of the month (e.g. the 4th of August) to the following Sunday (the 10th this month). This is the period that there will be update threads for, however if you want to read middlegrade books all month you definitely can!

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 5 comments So pumped for tomorrow! I got Percy Jackson and Harry Potter sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read.

message 13: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kirsten wrote: "Rekha wrote: "To amber:

Oh, I'm sorry! I though that Since it's middle grade month, the whole month counted. This is my first month and I am so sorry!"

Ohh I understand now. No worries. I am not ..."

Thanks so much for awesomely explaining how we roll, Kirsten!

And Rekha, don't worry about starting early. Like Kirsten said, the read-a-thon itself only runs from the first Monday of the month to the following Sunday, but you can use our themes for your entire month, if you want!

Hope both of y'all enjoy your reads this week! We're glad you're with us!

message 14: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kayla wrote: "So pumped for tomorrow! I got Percy Jackson and Harry Potter sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read."

THAT'S THE KINDA ATTITUDE I LIKE TO SEE, KAYLA! :)

message 15: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Lol I was trying to stay away but then I checked my Email and Someone Updated a story I L..."

Ke-sha, you're shameful. Don't drag our members into your shamefulness ;)

message 16: by ke-sha (new)

Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Lol I was trying to stay away but then I checked my Email and Someone Upda..."

Let me Live my Shamefulness Life...
DRARRY FOREVER!!!!
STEREK FOREVER!!!!
Pepperony FOREVER!!!
FANFICTION FOR LIFE!!! #YOLO
IM TAKING EVERYONE DOWN WITH ME MUHAHAHAHA!!!

message 17: by Rekha (new)

Thanks so much for explaining it! Now i understand. So I guess it starts today! (The 4th of June)

message 18: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments lol and back to the updates :P

Day 1: starting my participation with Flyte by Angie Sage (the longest book on my TBR...hmmm bad idea?)

message 19: by Rekha (new)

No, not at all! flyte is so good you'll fly through it! (No pun intended)

message 20: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Rekha wrote: "To Kirsten:

No, not at all! flyte is so good you'll fly through it! (No pun intended)"

Heh I hope so. I figure I'll lose motivation to read as the week progresses so I figure I'd start with my biggest book and end with my most anticipated.

message 21: by Rekha (new)

Good idea

message 22: by Elyssa Marie (new)

Elyssa Marie (booksandicedcoffee) | 2 comments I spent an hour or so finishing up Fire and Flood but right after I picked up The Lightning Thief as planned :D Been a bit busy this morning so I'm still in chapter 2 -.-'

Still feeling pretty amped up for this marathon though :D

message 23: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments ke-sha wrote: "Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Lol I was trying to stay away but then I checked my Email an..."

I've never really read a lot of fan fiction - i mean I used to write short Harry Potter stories about 10 years ago, but I just can't read for extended periods of time staring at a computer screen. It gives me the wickedest headaches. So I don't have that as a distraction. TV however is distracting me today.

I started the read-a-thon a bit early and finished Tesla's Attic on Sunday morning. It's so good! Highly recommend it to anyone who likes science or just well plotted middlegrade.

Today i've read 76 Pages of The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making.

message 24: by Ashli (new)

Ashli Lewis (muchfaith22) I thought it started yesterday so started the 4th book of the unfortunate events series yesterday, I think, but I'm not done yet, maybe halfway through. :)

message 25: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey (bookgeek92) So I started with Roald Dahl's James and the giant peach :D

message 26: by Annabelle (last edited Aug 04, 2014 02:53AM) (new)

Annabelle (Arachnidphobos) | 20 comments Day 1 The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Currently 200 pages in of 289.

message 27: by Kirsten (last edited Aug 04, 2014 03:32AM) (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Kirsty wrote: "I started the read-a-thon a bit early and finished Tesla's Attic on Sunday morning. It's so good! Highly recommend it to anyone who likes science or just well plotted middlegrade."

Yay I'm glad you liked Tesla's Attic! :)

message 28: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Elyssa Marie wrote: "I spent an hour or so finishing up Fire and Flood but right after I picked up The Lightning Thief as planned :D Been a bit busy this morning so I'm still in chapter 2 -.-'

Still feeling pretty amp..."

ahh i LOVED Fire and Flood and I ADORE PJO ITS SO GOOOOOOD hahaha those books are such quick reads, you'll fly through them in no time!

So happy you're excited for this week, we're glad you're with us! :)

message 29: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kirsty wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Lol I was trying to stay away but then I chec..."

I cant read on the computer, either, my vision goes all blurry after a while lol

I'm glad you enjoyed your first read, I havent heard of Tesla's Attic before, i'll have to check it out!

And how are you liking The Girl Who...? I'm a bit of a ways into it and i find it totally nonsensical but still fun! :)

message 30: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Ashli wrote: "I thought it started yesterday so started the 4th book of the unfortunate events series yesterday, I think, but I'm not done yet, maybe halfway through. :)"

Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here. How are you enjoying that series? I never read it, but have heard amazing things! Hope today's reading goes well! :)

message 31: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lynsey wrote: "So I started with Roald Dahl's James and the giant peach :D"

I LOVE ROALD DHAL THE MAN IS A GENIUS haha my favorite of his growing up was The B.F.G :) How are you liking James?

message 32: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Annabelle wrote: "Day 1 The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Currently 200 pages in of 289."

THATS SOME AWESOME PROGRESS! :) I've heard amazing things about Neil Gaiman but have never actually read his works...how are you enjoying it?

message 33: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Kerri wrote: "Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here."

I never start before midnight! lol But that's just me, I don't care if others start earlier. I like to see how much I can get through just in the official time a read-a-thon is running. I'll have my book ready in hand before midnight hits but instead of say beginning a couple minutes early I will stare at the clock for those couple minutes then start reading as soon as the clock strikes midnight... :P

message 34: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (infiniteink) | 17 comments ke-sha wrote: "Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Lol I was trying to stay away but then I checked my Email an..."

Oh my gosh. Drarry is life!!! lol

I read three books for day 1:
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket Coraline (Graphic Novel) by P. Craig Russell

message 35: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey (bookgeek92) I have now finished James and the Giant Peach and loved it. Watching bits of the film I'm between was fun as well! :)

message 36: by Rekha (new)

Rekha (rekharavikumar) | 42 comments I read three books on day 1:

1. The boxcar children 9: mountain top mystery
2. the boxcar children 12: houseboat mystery
2. Dork diaries 7: TV star by Rachel Renee Russell (reread)

message 37: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle (Arachnidphobos) | 20 comments Kerri wrote:THATS SOME AWESOME PROGRESS! :) I've heard amazing things about Neil Gaiman but have never actually r..."

Its good but not as great as it was hyped up to be, Certainly not a disappointment tho!

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) Kirsten wrote: "Kerri wrote: "Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here."

I never start before midnight! lol But that's just me, I don't care if ..."

lol I did that last night! And then I read a book and a half before I finally went to sleep.

message 39: by Kirsten (last edited Aug 04, 2014 12:45PM) (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments Amber wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "Kerri wrote: "Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here."

I never start before midnight! lol But that's just me, ..."

Nice I had hoped to read more but after about 2 hours I crashed, then got up at 6:30am-ish to keep reading. Late afternoon on the first day for me and at page 165 I'm still not even halfway through my first book (although still not too shabby as my first book has 532 pages lol).

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 122 comments Okay....I have my coffee lets begin!

message 41: by ke-sha (new)

Melissa wrote: "Okay....I have my coffee lets begin!"

I just got two Coffee's for McDonalds Lol
Coffee Buddies :D

message 42: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kirsten wrote: "Kerri wrote: "Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here."

I never start before midnight! lol But that's just me, I don't care if ..."

haha love the anticipation! like waiting for the ball to drop!

message 43: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

oh wow that's some awesome progress! *snapplause because achievement* :) did you enjoy them?

message 44: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Rekha wrote: "I read three books on day 1:

1. The boxcar children 9: mountain top mystery
2. the boxcar children 12: houseboat mystery
2. Dork diaries 7: TV star by Rachel Renee Russell (reread)"

oh good lord y'all seem to be reading wicked fast, hat's off to you! are you enjoying the boxcar children series? i read a few of those as a kid, but i was more of a nancy drew girl :)

message 45: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Amber wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "Kerri wrote: "Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here."

I never start before midnight! lol But that's just me, ..."

SUCH ACHIEVEMENT HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND!

message 46: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kirsten wrote: "Amber wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "Kerri wrote: "Lots of people (including nearly all the Mods) start the night before, we're not really strict on rules here."

I never start before midnight! lol But th..."

like i always say, some progress is still progress! :) i hope whatever youre reading is good, though! :)

message 47: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Melissa wrote: "Okay....I have my coffee lets begin!"

*holds up mug* CHEERS!

message 48: by ke-sha (new)

Kirsty wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

Its funny I can't stand reading book on my computer for very long but for FanFiction its like you can't get me away from it Lol

Ooo, What hav you been watching? Ive been slacking in the T.V.Show watching Lately.Im so behind on the 2nd season of "Under The Dome" :( Although Im almost done with the first season of Arrow :D

Im currently making a List of all the New T.V.Shows that will be premiering soon and then I shall make a list of the shows I should catch up on althought that's going to be a Neverending List Lol

Tesla's Attic sounds interesting, Definitly going on The Never Ending Wish List :D

I havent Read much yet. Like 76 pages of The Invention Of Hugo Cabret(lots of Pictures) Im about to hunker down and read in a little while. Im hoping to start "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Etc.Etc.Etc. Late today :D

message 49: by ke-sha (new)

Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Kerri wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Crystal wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "I need to stay away from the FanFiction."

*Cyber High Five* for Drarry :D
Alyssa recently said Something about Draco/Hermione and I was just O_O Were going to have to Reevaluate our friendship Lol

How did you like "A monster Call"? I read it and Loved it :D

message 50: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments I managed to finish my planned daily reading at 11.30 PM, so well done, me! I read 90 pages of The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. The story is just now getting properly started, but I can say that I like the writing style, and the book is definitely darker than I thought!

« previous 1 3