Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
This topic is about Diamond Fire
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Diamond Fire [Nov 6, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - rated it 5 stars

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7555 comments Mod
This is a Buddy Read for Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews starting on release day, November 6, 2018.
Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5) by Ilona Andrews

Depending on how busy the folder is at that time, this might be moved to the New Releases 2018 Folder.

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments In, provided that I get the book.

Narilka | 3347 comments In! Can't wait :D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments I'm in for this! I'd forgotten I'd pre-ordered it on Kindle.

Narilka | 3347 comments Have people forgotten to post? I'm starting tonight. Looks like it's going to be a fast read.

Mayim de Vries | 2948 comments I have got the book yesterday and it took me an hour or so to read it. Didn't event have the time to post anything.

message 7: by Narilka (last edited Nov 07, 2018 05:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Narilka | 3347 comments That is a fast read.

Loriidae | 305 comments Finished - adored it!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I forgot about this read! I just bought it. Tomorrow is my son's birthday so doubt I'll finish it tomorrow, but aiming for finishing Friday.

Narilka | 3347 comments I enjoyed it. It's a silly little mystery :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments Started this morning, read 49% in one go and really enjoyed it. As usual, Ilona Andrews writing just really works for me.

I like Catalina a lot so far. She's very different to Neveda and I'm okay with that.

I also love Rogan's mum!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments Finished! I'm really looking forward to another Catalina book next year, I might even like her more than Nevada.

message 13: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 17942 comments Mod
The new Catalina narrator makes Leon sound like a 17 year old that's been smoking a pack a day for 30 years, lol... my memories are vague, but I'm pretty sure Renee Raudman made him sound younger...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "The new Catalina narrator makes Leon sound like a 17 year old that's been smoking a pack a day for 30 years, lol... my memories are vague, but I'm pretty sure Renee Raudman made him sound younger..."

I'm glad I'm not listening on audio then!! Poor Leon!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "The new Catalina narrator makes Leon sound like a 17 year old that's been smoking a pack a day for 30 years, lol... my memories are vague, but I'm pretty sure Renee Raudman made him sound younger..."

I couldn't find this one on audiobook so I'm actually reading it. Glad I am lol

Narilka | 3347 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "The new Catalina narrator makes Leon sound like a 17 year old that's been smoking a pack a day for 30 years, lol... my memories are vague, but I'm pretty sure Renee Raudman made him sound younger..."

What an odd choice. Glad I read this the normal way.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments I kind of want Catalina to go dark, raise an army of devoted followers and take over the city, that would be a book to read! I mean I like her as she is, but I think she's be a really great tyrant if she put some effort into it :D/

message 18: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Nov 16, 2018 03:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I doubt that happens :)

I saw some complaints that Catalina reads a lot like Nevada in the snippets from either the novella or next year's book... and the worries she has at the end of this novella probably only exacerbate that... (view spoiler)

I think the Arabella trilogy will be interesting... I don't think she'll be able to turn into the Beast of Colonne to solve her problems, much :)

Then again, that could be interesting, too... just "Hulk out" in the interrogation room and pull out the chalk and chalkboard to ask questions menacingly... :D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "I doubt that happens :)

Haha that would be great! Are we going to get any books from Arabella's perspective do you know?

Narilka | 3347 comments Arabella’s perspective would be pretty cool! I hope they do that 😊

message 21: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "I doubt that happens :)

Haha that would be great! Are we going to get any books from Arabella's perspective do you know?"

Nothing confirmed, but I don't see why we won't get something from Arabella, Leon, and Byrne before it's all said and done... I didn't expect the shift to a different sister with this new trilogy, but that was the suggestion from the editors at Avon once the original trilogy ended... I would expect at least an Arabella trilogy... Leon & Byrne might just get books, but even Hugh D'Ambray gets a trilogy in the Kate Daniels universe, so who knows...

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Charlie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "I doubt that happens :)

Haha that would be great! Are we going to get any books from Arabella's perspective do you know?"

Nothing confirmed, but I don't s..."

But, no offense to Arabella, Hugh is much more interesting than her. I squealed for a Hugh book. Arabella, the way she's been written so far, lacks depth and maturity. I don't think she'd be that interesting to read about. Not everyone NEEDS their own book. I wouldn't mind a Bern book, but the rest of them are meh as main characters. Much better as secondary characters.

message 23: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I figure Arabella is more likely to get a trilogy than Leon or Bern... but I can also agree that some series go overboard giving everybody books, just BECAUSE

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments I think Grandma Freida would be super fun to have narrate a book, I'd definitely read that.

message 25: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Nov 16, 2018 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlie wrote: "I think Grandma Freida would be super fun to have narrate a book, I'd definitely read that."

It could be like the Curran POVs, only it's Grandma Freida, every time she sees an opportunity to get a new tank/munitions, after an attack...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4551 comments They could call it 'The world according to Freida: why explosives make things better' it could be her memoirs!