2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Michelle's reading Plan - July '18

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Have no idea what I want to read so impulse it is

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Jul 31, 2018 07:37AM) (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments BuddyπŸ—― , BOTM πŸ…± and challenge reads πŸ“Œ

Next in Series πŸ“š
βœ” Until Avery - Brynne Asher
➜ The choice - Shayla black
βœ” Up in smoke - T. M. Frazier. πŸ”ΆπŸ—―πŸ

Binge read πŸ—ƒπŸ“–
World of Kalquor - Tracy St. John πŸ‘½
βœ” Alien hostage
βœ” βœ” Shalia' diary :bk 11 & 12
Clan and command

Binge Esther E. Schmidt 🏍
βœ” Corbin
βœ” Xerox
βœ” Crane
βœ” Ronin
βœ” Bark

Catching up (or reminding myself of what's what)

rereading (cos nothing else looks good )

Standalones πŸ“”

Didn't plan on it ( impulse reads πŸ”Έ )
βœ” Paris - Esther E. Schmidt 🏍
βœ”Withstanding me - Crystal Spear 🏍
βœ” resenting me - Crystal Spears
βœ‚οΈ shadowing me - Crystal Spear
βœ” babysitter's club Alyssa- Jordan Silver
βœ” Babysitter's club Sidney
βœ” ocean's light -Nalini Singh
βœ” Knights nostalgia - Joey w. Hil
βœ” Sico -Esther E Schmidt 🏍
βœ” Pure healing -Aja James πŸ—―
➜ Rock oblivion🎸
βœ” Just a bit confusing πŸ‘¬
βœ” Just a bit ruthless πŸ‘¬
βœ” nanny and the beast - Georgia le Carre

Carried over and waiting
June ’18
Fire in his blood - Ruby Dixon (Lal ch)
No escape -Jaid Black πŸ‘½(Lal ch)
Saddle and spurred - Lorelei James (Lal ch)
βœ” just a bit wrong πŸ‘¬
corralled -Lorelei James

April '18
βœ” Sieze me -Crystal Spears 🏍
No escape - Jaid Black πŸ‘½ (LAL TBR)
Undaunted -Crystal Daniels 🏍
Pestilence-Laura Thalassa

January '18
Wild - Adrienne Wilder ( started but just didnt feel it)

September '17
Primal law -J D. Tyler ( LAL challenge)

July β€˜17
βœ” Silver silence -Nalini Singh

Sinner's revenge -Kim Jones
Anna Zaire boxset - twist me, capture me
American prince β˜†

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4507 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "Have no idea what I want to read so impulse it is"

Fantastic way to go!
I hope Singh's spin-off meets expectations.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments It not on this list but I'm hoping to read it. So far both have some so so reviews. I'm fingers cross it doesn't disappoint.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Love this unrestricted approach, Melissa. Have a great month!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments It's unrestricted yet I still manage to plan a few. Best of both world. I suppose this way I'm giving myself an out if I don't stick to the plan.

message 7: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Best wishes to you!

message 8: by Michelle (last edited Jul 04, 2018 01:25AM) (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Shalia's Diary Book 11 (Shalia's Diary, #11; World of Kalquor, #3.11) by Tracy St. John Shalia's Diary Book 12 (Shalia's Diary, #12; World of Kalquor, #3.12) by Tracy St. John

Love when I'm able to finish a series. . This was written as a diary as well. Not one of style I like reading but after having started them I really wanted to know how it all ended. I loved the epilogue as it were , of this. This being part of a whole I loved the hints of how things might end in the others. Now to finish those.

message 9: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 259 comments I am glad I am not the only one with a few carry overs!

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Sharmon wrote: "I am glad I am not the only one with a few carry overs!"

I don't think I'll ever not have section. Lol. That and impulse reads. Always going to be distracted by new or what I'm really in the mood for.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Corban (Wicked Throttle MC #0.5) by Esther E. Schmidt Zerox (Wicked Throttle MC #1) by Esther E. Schmidt

Challenge reads

Let's just start by saying I love when free books are a hit. Then again I discovered this author recently so this freebie? Bonus.
This author is all about the alpha, biker that falls in love at first sight. Yes they are bikers but she's just writes about their romance. It also helps that they are all novellas. For now I can't get enough of this writers instalove

message 12: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 443 comments Love your list, Michelle. I need to get back to Lorelei James' series. I got sidetracked and I love her books. Hope you can get to American Prince. That series got better with each book. Loved it. Have a great month!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments I'd started it but couldn't get through. I think your right I've got to finish that series.
I've read another series by Lorelei James so thought why not give this a go but I'm not ready for Cowboys it seems. But I must read it for one of my challenges.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Crane (Lost Valkyries MC #1) by Esther E. Schmidt Ronin (Lost Valkyries MC #2) by Esther E. Schmidt Bark (Lost Valkyries MC #3) by Esther E. Schmidt Paris (Lost Valkyries MC #4) by Esther E. Schmidt

Challenge reads

This author keeps all her books under 150. So it's all fast reads. Yes they are all bikers. Yes they all fall in love at first sight. All the ladies as sassy and strong. And the guys are worth falling in love with.
Not a lot of the biker world, just enough to that you can say it's in the background .
I can't get enough of the world she makes.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Until Avery by Brynne Asher

I thought this series was done. Surprise!! She joins another author and brings a novella of a loved family. I enjoyed it

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments The Choice (Doms of Her Life Heavenly Rising 1) by Shayla Black

This is going to be a dnf. And that only because this book ends in a cliffhanger. Waiting till 2019 ? Not so much. I'll rather wait till all the books are out and continue.
This is a collaboration of three authors and an offshoot from their previous collaboration. That seemed to be everyone in the mΓ©nage got their own book. Nothing wrong with that. It worked .
Do I want to repeat that set up ? Not really and for the most part thats not what's happening here but it jumps from one character to another and back and forth time wise. Knowing I'm working to an end just work better than working towards a cliffhanger.

So this is going to the back burner

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Jul 12, 2018 09:08AM) (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Seize Me (Breakneck, #1) by Crystal Spears Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2) by Crystal Spears Resenting Me (Breakneck, #2.5) by Crystal Spears Shadowing Me (Breakneck, #3) by Crystal Spears

Thank you Dee for recommending this series.
I liked the first book. It was raw, gritty never a dull moment. Enough to read the next book. This is were I started to loose my like. It just felt like too much: too many character concentrated on( yes you had the two main character but then the ones from the fist book was there as well and not as supporting characters) the hits to the club was not stop. As some point you have to decide what the main focus of the book is me build on that.
But I still wanted to know what happens to the characters. So I read a novella and start the next installment. But it jail became too much. Yes she changed her style of reading and really concentrated on the MC. but I couldn't stay with it and jumped to the back to see what of where I'm working toward. Nope. Wasn't hood and I've decided I have too many other waiting to try and makes sense of this series. Maybe I'll pick it up again later but this might be the last for me.

Please let this not be the trend for the rest of the month. ...

message 18: by Michelle (last edited Jul 16, 2018 12:39AM) (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16) by Nalini Singh Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17) by Nalini Singh

I loved the orinal series that this came out of. When Silver came out the reviews that I saw made me hesitate and I thought lets wait for Ocean's. So with that in the back of my mind I started Silver.
Becuase I didn't really have high hopes for it I really enjoyed it in the end.
We are now learning more about the other changelings and that is interesting. The mating pairs are also interesting. So there is a new world order and everyone is struggling with that and thus you have your enemies/ antagonist. And this is were I'm a bit okay enough with it. The machinations of it all is good, really thought was put into that aspect but do I want to continue reading about a struggle?

For me I think I've got one too many such books which just makes me hesitate to continue . Time will tell.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Babysitter's Club Alyssa by Jordan Silver Babysitter's Club Sydney by Jordan Silver

So Jordan Silver. Guilty pleasure reads. Short and not real brain power needed for these. I will say Sydney's story was not my favorite. I'm all for vengeance but this was a step to far for me.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Knight Nostalgia A Knights of the Board Room Anthology by Joey W. Hill

I didn't finish this but that I think is more that I should not have read it in one sitting. I didn't like the first. But the couldn't get enough of the second. I started the third one and didn't feel it. So I'll return to this later because I do like the Knights of the boardroom

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Up in Smoke (King, #8) by T.M. Frazier

Thanks Sarah that we could do a sort of buddy read.

This was a dnf for me. I think in my mind this series was done. I suppose I didn't read far enough to know if the other guys showed up. Smoke had appeared in a previous book but as a mentor to that character and we didn't know anything of or about him really. So he gets his book and I'm still none the wiser. The opening to this book is so gruesome and I'm thinking this is going to be beyond rough and bloody. Ok. The girl has a story which for me was just taking too long to connect with me. She running, she's hiding, he dad wasn't what she thought yet till the point I read I still didn't know exactly what he was, just that people were using her to flush him out. The guy is using her but doesn't know exactly what to do with her but became a possessive a**hole.

Basically all of this and I'm distracted and just can't get into my read. I've read this author and know what type get but this just felt like an afterthought and unnecessary

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1) by Aja James

Thank you Princess under cover. Great to find new friends to do a buddy read with. I discovered this has been on my TBR shelf for years. Now I don't know why I only read it now?!

I loved this book and I'll definitely be continuing the series. I don't know if it was intentional but their was just a lot left unsaid about this world that I feel I still need to know about. This read a a first in the series: a lot of character viewpoints and setting up a world , enough to get my attention. And this was my down. For me I needed more of the workings and not having me assume this is how it works. For instance how was it the queen is only 18 years old but the rest of them date to BC or there abouts? As the story was unfolding I had more question which though was explained somewhat left something out of the equation. Brilliant way for me to keep reading. Only the next book is about the Dark world instead of the pure πŸ˜•
I really loved Valerius and Rain. There love story was heart wrenching and I was frustrated but rooting for them the whole way. Centuries old and yet still didn't know how to communicate. Love : the only thing that would make you not think with your brain but your heart.

The other I was just given enough of to want to discover there back stories. So yes. Onwards

message 23: by Michelle (last edited Jul 30, 2018 01:23AM) (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Just a Bit Wrong (Straight Guys #4) by Alessandra Hazard

And just as the title suggests this was just a wrong for me. This whole MM series is sort of a straight guy veering into a gay relationship. I struggle with Travis. He was just too everything, arrogant, self absorbed , bully,and just plane old nasty. And it too a long time before the author managed to make me see under all that. That layer of protectiveness was so think around him. As for Zach. I just couldn't get a handle on the open relationship a couple of months before your wedding after which you'd be monogamous. That also took awhile for me to understand. So yes I put it on the back burner. It actually turned out not so bad. Finally we saw the human side of Travis. Doesn't mean I like him any better but I understood better where he was coming from.
Glad to know I've matured in my reading that it's okay for me not to like a main character and still read his or her's story.

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Michelle wrote: "For me I think I've got one too many such books which just makes me hesitate to continue . Time will tell."

There are a couple of series that I'm well into that are starting to affect me this way - Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark comes to mind.

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Lauren. I think some authors have become stuck in a rut. By this I mean they are basically writing the same thing over and over. This was okay before there was Ebooks. You waited a year for your next one and by then you've read so many other books that you didn't pick up on the monotony of it. Nowadays it seems hey books come out faster and most of us wai a few and binge so you pick I up faster. I don't know. I wish some authors would also know when to end a series or just write standalone

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Nanny and the Beast by Georgia Le Carre

And just before the month ends I sneak in another read. This was Perelman the cover that said " read me". Glad I listened. Was actually a instalove bomb with some Russian billionaire thrown in. Nothing out of the norm for that genre just some steaming love between the nanny and you Russian billionaire

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Michelle wrote: " I wish some authors would also know when to end a series or just write standalone"

I couldn't agree more. I usually try to space the books out with one per month but with the longer series even that isn't enough. They just become more of the same and that's when I realize the author should just call it quits.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2535 comments Lauren wrote: "Michelle wrote: " I wish some authors would also know when to end a series or just write standalone"

I couldn't agree more. I usually try to space the books out with one per month but with the lon..."

Unless it's a guilty pleasure. Now I'm sounding wishy/washy but I'm reading a searing that's almost #80 and though the genre is the same its all about the friends and there lives. It started with them in the same club but I'm stuck in

Then you get you other short,instalove authors that you know what you're gonna get but you read it. In my case usually in between all the rest.

In the end I suppose know yourself , know your author and please yourself b

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Michelle wrote: "In the end I suppose know yourself , know your author and please yourself b "

Absolutely!