Art Lovers discussion

Guess Who (by artist bio) > Who am I?---Caravaggio

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8544 comments The world was, at the time of ________'s birth, violent and unstable.
At the age of 6, the bubonic plague wiped out almost everyone in ___ family. ___________ was orphaned at age 11. According to some sources, the troubled life ___ led afterward stemmed from the loss of his family so early in life.

___ "lived by the motto nec spe, nec metu, 'without hope, without fear,'" wrote an earlier biographer." ___ jumped from one job to the next...

A prolific painter, __________ was known to work quickly, often starting and completing a painting in just two weeks.

___________ early work featured chubby, pretty young boys done up as angels or lutenists...___ had a remarkable range as an artist...____ biblical scenes became populated with prostitutes, beggars and thieves.

For many years the exact cause of ____________'s death had been shrouded in mystery. But in 2010, a team of scientists who studied _________'s remains discovered that ___ bones contained high levels of lead—levels high enough, they suspect, to have driven the painter mad. Lead poisoning is also suspected of having killed _______________ and ____________."

(view spoiler)

Who am I?

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 116 comments Why you sound like Caravaggio.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8544 comments I sure do! Because I am! Good job Ellen!