Percy Jackson Fan Club! discussion

Book Characters! > Nico Di Angelo!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison *headdesk*

Since the first series, he's always creeped me out. But then I read the House of Hades........... and I was scarred. Forever.

As an aspiring author, I was looking more at the character development rather than the gay thing, though that is a huge reason why I didn't rate it five stars. My point: Kids don't need to be introduced to that stuff through a book.

It originally didn't fit Nico's personality to actually have a crush on someone, so why does he have a crush on someone now? I have a CassJayTuck view on this: It was bad character development. Now, here we have New-Nico di Angelo. There is no such thing as Old-Nico di Angelo anymore.

This is just my opinion, so I hope I didn't start any fights. O_o

message 3: by Percabeth (last edited Aug 03, 2014 06:04PM) (new)

Percabeth Caleo | 233 comments Allison wrote: "*headdesk*

Since the first series, he's always creeped me out. But then I read the House of Hades........... and I was scarred. Forever.

As an aspiring author, I was looking more at the character..."

yah same here in the Pjo i loved him so sweet and stubborn but then i grew a sort

of creepiness on him in son of neptune he was so creepy and in last olymian too but like i didn't let the gay thing bother me if idc about nico then like why would i care if he's gay lol its his character so it won't matter to me if he's strait or not

hopefully WE didn't start any fights

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) *facepalm* Ugh, you guys are getting this all wrong. This topic is about how you like Nico.
Okay?

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison Oh, okay.

His skeleton stuff is really AWESOME. Like, seriously. "Oh no! The Argo II is getting attacked by monsters and all my dear friends are on it! Skeletons, arise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahahahaha it'd be so cool if that happened.

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Thank you, Discord

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison You're welcome;)

"SKELETONS, ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh, Nico! We're not worthy! Thank you for saving our worthless lives!"

"Aw, it was nothing."

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) You're silly

message 9: by Allison (new)

Allison Why, thank you;) I try my best.

Who also ships Reyico? I do;)

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison I LOVE REYICO ALMOST AS MUCH AS PERCABETH. I ADMIT IT. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) I'm surrounded by crazies

message 14: by Allison (new)

Allison I AM THE CRAZY.

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Discord, stop it or I won't give you chocolate milk

message 16: by Allison (new)

Allison What? But I love my chocolate milk;(

And all I'm asking for is a glass...of water.

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) *hands Allison a glass of ice water* There you go

message 18: by Allison (new)

Allison THANK YOU!!!!!

*drinks glass of water then sings awesome song*

REYICO!!!!!

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Oh, no, here she goes again.

message 20: by Allison (new)

Allison *smiles evilly*

Or.....EVEN BETTER!!!!!

NICO: SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Okay waaaay better

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison YES. SINGLE NICO. I LOVE THAT IDEA.

message 23: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new)

Elisar (ehlihr) | 13295 comments Mod
Allison wrote: "YES. SINGLE NICO. I LOVE THAT IDEA."

SINGLE NICO and then the last scene of the book is him walking into a cafe to have lunch with the seven and reyna like ten years later and he has a boyfriend on his arm and he's like, "sup, this is my boyfriend so deal" and he and Jason high five each other

message 24: by Allison (new)

Allison ........

I don't know what to say to that O_o

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) O_o
Mother of god....

message 26: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new)

*party popper* HEADCANONS!

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Shut up!*giggles*

message 28: by Allison (new)

Allison What's a headcannon...? A cannon that's made out of skulls or something?

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) It's a sort of prediction. Look it up on google images.

message 30: by Allison (new)

Allison Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh...............................

I get it now........

Thanks

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Your welcome!

message 32: by Allison (last edited Aug 12, 2014 06:47AM) (new)

Allison Anyway....

SINGLE NICO! It's genius!!! I love it! Let's email Rick! (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) You could Tweet him.
I vote single Nico most likely to be canon

message 34: by Allison (new)

Allison Darn it, I don't have Twitter. Or Facebook. Maybe someone could message him through Goodreads...

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) You think he's on Goodreads?

message 36: by Allison (new)

Allison Let me see.....

If you go to his page on GR, it says he's a "Goodreads Author". That means that he's on Goodreads.

message 38: by Allison (new)

Allison Ikr.

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) Let's get to it then!

message 40: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 15305 comments Mod
*Sigh* Dudes, we already have a topic for Nico. It's right here. Okay? Next time, ask a Moderator to make the topic. If it already exists, we will direct you to it. If it doesn't, we will make it. Sound good? Good. :)

message 41: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (new)

I don't really understand?

message 42: by Allison (new)

Allison I think Eli is around 16... But I don't understand either because of the way you worded it.

message 43: by Allison (new)

Allison ....

Not really. At least, from what I've heard.

And heterosexual has "sexual desires" also. It's just human nature. Some people are just attracted to the same gender and they have a hard time controlling how they feel around them. Even "straight" people do too.

message 44: by Elisar, Co-Head Camper and v confused by BoO (last edited Sep 05, 2014 03:12PM) (new)

When I said I didn't understand, I mean that what you said didn't make much sense to me.

Defining homosexuality as having excessive "desires" is really dehumanizing in a way. Gay people have crushes in the same way straight people do. The only people who have "lesser desires" are asexuals or grey-sexuals, but even they can have romantic feelings.

Nico had a crush on Percy. End of story. No ifs, ands, or buts. Nico is either gay or bisexual or pansexual (probably gay, since he's never really shown interest in girls). Also, very, very lonely. Chances are, Nico's crushes aren't defined by gender, but rather how much he trusts them or how much they care for and about him (why I lean more toward an ace/grey-ace panromantic type of thing for Nico).

--

Also, my age doesn't matter, but I'm fourteen.

message 45: by Allison (new)

Allison Oh. You sound much older! I'm thirteen, almost fourteen. I just have to wait until December...

message 46: by C (new)

C Oordt | 425 comments Will RR be putting out a sneak peak chapter like last time

message 47: by Allison (new)

Allison He already did a couple months ago:) Just Google it.

message 48: by C (new)

C Oordt | 425 comments Thank you u are my SAVOUIR I know I sounded really stupid asking that but I don't care I thought it would be on the RR website and now I will shut up go boo

message 49: by Allison (new)

Allison Well, silly, go read it!!! It's Jason's POV, but still read it!!!

message 50: by C (new)

C Oordt | 425 comments Oh man I want more more I say more I can't wait till October

« previous 1