The Challenge Factory discussion

The Charnel Prince (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #2)
This topic is about The Charnel Prince
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Angie & Denise - The Charnel Prince

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5934 comments Mod
Angie & Denise - The Charnel Prince

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I got the book! When do you want to start?

message 3: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sorry for the late reply, I was stuck in the woods in Norway in the middle of nowhere over the weekend and didn't have internet. XD
Back home in civilization with access to my bookshelf now though, so I'm good to go today if that works for you!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That works for me.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I'm up to Chapter 6 in the story.

message 6: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm being slow-ish again and have only just finished chapter 8 , but I'm already more hooked than I was for pretty much the entirety of the first book.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That's awesome to hear. I'm in Part 2 Chapter 1. I didn't get much reading done today. Tomorrow will be better.

message 8: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished part 1 but haven't gotten any further yet. Need to take a break tomorrow because I'm heading out of town for Finncon and don't wanna drag this not exactly tiny book with me, so I'll have to catch up to however far you've gotten once I'm back home on Sunday. :)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That's fine I didn't get any reading done today like I hoped too.

message 10: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finally got around to picking this up again today and read until the end of part two. (Still being slow I'm afraid.) Wonder what exactly is going on with Stephen. I quite liked Vaseto and hope she might show up again. And things aren't looking good for Neil...
How about you?

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I'm up to Part 4 now, so much is goiing on right now. (view spoiler)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments How's it going for you?

message 13: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm afraid I haven't gotten much further yet, several chapter into part 3 - so many other things to catch up on, places to go and people to see while on holiday, and now as soon as I'm back we've got bathroom renovations going on and I promptly got swamped with extra work. *sigh* Hopefully I'll get some reading done on this on the weekend though.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments No problem life happens

message 15: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Took me forever, but I'm finally done! I do always love those moments when several characters we've been following separately finally come together on the page. Robert being alive(-ish) is an interesting twist. Anne did get quite some character development (and did anyone not see Roderick turning out as he did coming?), though I have to say, I still find her immensely unlikable... Anyway, definitely going to continue the series, though maybe not right away.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Robert being alive is definitely a twist. Anne is finding her footing. Roderick didn't see that one coming at all. I got the next book in the series. I plan on reading sometime this month. If you ever want to continue reading the series together that would be great.