European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Group Reads > Murder of a Medici Princess: Parts 1 - 2

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Please discuss Prologue, Part I: A Medici Childhood and Part II: A Medici Princess Grows Up here.

message 2: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I'm really enjoying this read so far. The subject is interesting and the writing style is entertaining while still being informative. I like how the author explains what things are (like a litter - I pretty much knew what a litter was based on all the books I have read about European Royalty, but she described it really well and there's a picture of one somewhere in this book - really helpful!). My only complaint so far is a Kindle problem - the family tree is worthless on the Kindle because you can't make it bigger and the text is way too tiny to read (it's like they just scanned the page in so you can't enlarge it like you can enlarge the regular text). I've had this problem with other Kindle books as well - don't they realize people would actually like to look at those type of things? Anyway, that's not the book's fault! Just a frustration of mine! :)

message 3: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Ha ha, anyone else reading this one? Don't worry, next month we head back into the world of fiction! :) It's kind of funny that two non-fiction books got picked at the same time.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments I've just started reading this one and am enjoying it.

message 5: by Chrissie (last edited Aug 22, 2009 10:22PM) (new)

Chrissie Me, I am not reading the book - just your comments. the character sounds so interesting so I thought I would follow through your comments. That is fun too. Sara - what a pain about the kindle family tree! Maybe you can print out something from Wikepedia?

message 6: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Chrissie wrote: "Me, I am not reading the book - just your comments. the character sounds so interesting so I thought I would follow through your comments. That is fun too. Sara - what a pain about the kindle famil..."

I've thought about doing this. It hasn't been too difficult to follow the story so far, but I think next time this happens with the Kindle I'll print off a tree from somewhere before I begin reading.