Play Book Tag discussion

Us Against You (Beartown, #2)
This topic is about Us Against You
Archive: Other Books > Us Against You - Fredrik Backman - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments This book continues the story of Beartown by Fredrik Backman. Hockey is again in the novel, but the characters and how they react to one another is what the book is really about.

There are many tensions in the town, and the Beartown’s hockey club may need to close. Sides have already been taken in regards to many issues both on and off the ice between the neighboring towns of Beartown and Hed.

The club’s General Manager tries to save the rink. But there are political games and costs to himself and team supporters.

Backman focuses on many characters and even if the reader may not like them all, you understand them. The decline of jobs affect many and hockey is of great importance to the town. Sometimes high levels of emotions in town end in violence, but people also come together when needed. This is a very well written book.

message 2: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie | 4488 comments I like to see five star reviews for books I’m soon to read! Thanks for your thoughts.

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments I saw some 3 star reviews and it scared me because of how much I lived Beartown. So glad to see a 5 star review. Thankyou

Joy D | 4656 comments Nice review, Kelly, glad you enjoyed it.

I have read both and thought Beartown was the better of the two. Will be interested to hear your opinions, Susie & Jason!

Karin | 7482 comments I have this book in my pile from the library, and am so glad you liked it this much.

Kelly | 848 comments Looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks after they read this!

Ladyslott | 1880 comments This is my next read after I finish The Outsider or The Power