YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Group Read > August's Book of the Month - Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater!

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis: For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without.

Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human… until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human—or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, etc. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 62 comments I actually started this book in July and had to put it down in favor of other books; I just did not like the first several chapters. I'll give it another try, though~

(spoiler for first few chapters, very mild) (view spoiler)

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
I didn't go into this expecting to like it, but it really grew on me after a while. I, honestly, think Cole and Isabel made the whole series though. I just couldn't relate much to Grace. That said though, I still liked it a lot more than I thought, considering it was a werewolf book.

And as for those spoilers, Connie, I could definitely sympathize with you. I was like, "Okaaay..." peahen I read it, lol. XD

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 378 comments Mod
I liked it, but I like the series more as it goes along.
Mostly because I prefer Cole and Isabel to Grace and Sam.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shiver (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maggie Stiefvater (other topics)