Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1751 comments Mod
Discuss the July 2018 poll winner here

message 2: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

This book starts now!

Jessica | 118 comments hmm how are you guys going with this book? I finished it, loved the pictures it created in my mind... didn't really like any of the characters in it though.

message 4: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Only 30 pages in - I like the writing. character opinion not formed yet!

Michael Finocchiaro (fino) | 40 comments Good luck Matthew. I really hated that book. It is relatively inaccurate. There was a book of the same title in Japanese by Inoué which was far better and historically accurate. For me, the author was orientalizjng and sensationalizing for $$

message 6: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michael wrote: "Good luck Matthew. I really hated that book. It is relatively inaccurate. There was a book of the same title in Japanese by Inoué which was far better and historically accurate. For me, the author ..."

Luckily, in this case, I don't know a lot about the topic so at least I won't be frustrated with any inaccuracies. I suppose a lot will depend on how I like the book overall. In the past I have been forgiving of inaccuracies if it was good otherwise.

message 7: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am still working on this - it is good, but it has not been my reading priority this month. So, the July book is now the July/August book for me!