YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Group Read > August's Book of the Month - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

Synopsis: INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, etc. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by Turtlefrog (new)

Turtlefrog I loved this book! I actually read this book back in April of last year and couldn't put it down. Literally read it in a day. It was funny and sexy. Love Travis and Pidge's dynamic.
(btw- isn't that just the sweetest nickname ever!)

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
I read it last year, too. Unfortunately, I didn't much like it. Travis was just way to controlling and hostile for me. :/

message 4: by Turtlefrog (new)

Turtlefrog Brittany wrote: "I read it last year, too. Unfortunately, I didn't much like it. Travis was just way to controlling and hostile for me. :/"

Oh no. Have you considered reading Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire ? This book is entirely in Trav's POV and you may get a better outlook or even a better read on Travis if you know his side of things.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Winn I loved this book so much! I finished it in 2 days, I might have been sooner I wasn't a slow reader. Travis and Pidge are so different but the go together so well.