Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free beta reader available (especially for LGBT character inspection)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Jun 29, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

Hannah Grace  | 1 comments Currently got a pretty long queue so I'm gonna cut it off for now. Thank you to those who have already sent in their work.
-------------------

I currently have a few weeks free for anyone who wants some constructive feedback or help with specific points in their stories.

All YA fantasy, Fantasy, Contemapry, or Action is amazing.

I can also do some work with character sensitivity for LGBTQI characters if you are unsure about how those characters are developed in your story.

Doesn't need to be finished, and can be of any length or level of completion.

Just make sure you have a brief overview of your story in your comment!

message 2: by Rrthurston (new)

Rrthurston | 4 comments My novel addresses the universal question: How does a guy compete for his lover’s affections when the “other man” is God Almighty?

Set in L.A. during the eighties, inter-related disparate characters engage in a picaresque pursuit of love, hindered by the usual sibling rivalry, inner-demons, and mass murder.

There's a gay love story at the heart of it, and an irreligious theme throughout, a funny cultural exploration of the conflicts between the LGBT community and the religious right (aka religious wrong).

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Pizzo | 3 comments Not sure if you will have any spots opening up anytime soon but just in case:
I'm a first-time novelist seeking a few beta readers for my approx. 130,000 word young adult fiction novel, Claire, Redefined. The novel would appeal to fans of Laurie Halse Anderson (Wintergirls, Speak), Julie Buntin (Marlena), Jay Asher, and Sarah Dessen.

Here is a brief synopsis:
After recovering from her battle with anorexia nervosa, protagonist Claire Mason thought she had overcome the greatest demon she would ever face. Fresh out of treatment and determined to be reassured of her newfound confidence, she leaps at the chance to date the most sought-after boy at her school. But after a tumultuous 3-year relationship with him that sends her spiraling back into the darkness from which she rose, Claire finds that perhaps she never truly recovered at all. Only this time, the demon that destroys her relationship with her body and distorts the way she sees herself does not come from within.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Claire Dover is discovering he is not Claire at all. The two strangers unwittingly share the same burdens of abuse, rejection, heartbreak, and body dysmorphia, despite their two vastly different lives and identities. Their struggles to be more than bodies and discover their places in the world ultimately brings them together.

I have a prepared list of questions and am also looking for general constructive feedback.

Let me know if you are interested. Thank you for reading!