What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fantasy series about girl who needs to join a clan to survive

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Do (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments All I can remember about the series is that the main character is a girl and that in her world, you need to join a clan/group in order to survive (maybe it provides protection?). But to join the group, she needs to fight one on one with a member/leader? of the group. All I remember from the book is the one scene where she gets ready for the fight. The group surrounds the two fighters and each gets to pick a weapon from a long table. I remember one of the weapons on there was a flail and that one of them chose a whip. Aside from that, I don't remember a whole lot about the book except the cover which had the main character in a leather outfit. I think I read this book sometime during 2005-10. Sorry I couldn't provide more details!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Do, can you describe the clan/group (e.g., historical Scottish clan, pack of shifters)?

message 3: by Do (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments It wasn't anything like that but more like a sisterhood. From what I can remember, this was an initiation ceremony thing. Sorry but that's all I can remember at the moment :(

message 4: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Ryan | 4 comments Any chance it was Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel or any of her other books.

message 5: by Do (new)

Do Hee | 19 comments Unfortunately that's not the book. I should have mentioned that the setting is in the states somewhere and that the period future or current (21st century).

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Do, are you still looking for this or did you find it?