2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7)
This topic is about Murder on Lenox Hill
Archives - Group Reads > Murder on Lenox Hill by Victoria Thompson (Gaslight Mystery #7) - July 2018

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 29, 2018 03:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11377 comments Mod
When the affluent Lintons of Lenox Hill summon Sarah Brandt to examine their teenage daughter, their worst fear is confirmed: she is with child. The pregnancy is a mystery, however, as the young woman—mentally still a child herself—is never left on her own and denies that any man has ever hurt her. It’s a delicate situation, casting suspicion on those close to the Lintons, including their beloved minister, the Reverend Oliver Upchurch.But as Sarah and a reluctant Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy investigate, fate deals their inquiry a harsh blow. The reverend falls dead during a service—poisoned by cyanide-laced wine in his chalice. Now, they must not only uncover the truth behind the Linton girl’s pregnancy, they must track down Upchurch’s killer before this entire sordid affair wreaks havoc on more innocent lives…

Book Discussion

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments Wow! I have it coming from our library. I'm in.

Yay!

I started this today and already don’t want to put it down.

message 5: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 104 comments I'll start this today :)

Robin (robinmy) | 2583 comments Looks like I'll be reading this one on the weekend. Can't wait!

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie (connier) | 5 comments I have read this one some time ago and I enjoy all of this series so far. I will wait to read the next one with the group. I think I am about 13 in the series or so. But I do enjoy that time period. Another author that writes about the late 1800's is Shirley Tallman and it is the Sarah Woolson series. I love this series because it takes place in San Francisco and Sarah is a woman attorney and that just was not something that was done in that day and age. I have one book to go in that series and will probably finish it up in the near future as I have it already.

Off to check that one out, Connie!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments I finished this book [could not put it down, once begun], so I'm ready to discuss when we get to that point.

I did figure out the father(s), but did not get the right motive for the murder....

message 10: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 07, 2018 08:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I’ll have the questions posted tomorrow.

I couldn’t put it down either.

Discussion questions are now posted!