Discussion time!
How are you liking the book so far?
First impressions of characters?

Spoilers for chapters up to Chapter 6

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (spellsandwords) | 12 comments Mod
How is everyone liking fangirl so far?

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (whatskappening) | 4 comments I'm loving it! I can't wait to read more of it tomorrow... The Reagan/Cath cafeteria scene is my favorite so far haha I was smiling the entire time! Too funny!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ancain1) | 6 comments I can really relate to Cath in a way. I was always that person that didn't go certain places because I didn't know what to expect. Proud to say I've gotten myself out of that. Lol

message 5: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane (thebooklife) | 3 comments I'm really enjoying it, I'm up to chapter two, and I think the opening chapters of Fangirl are very good, because in reality not that much drastically happens, they start college, and Cath feels left out - as far as action goes - there isn't that much. BUT, somehow Rainbow Rowell manages to keep you very interested, and it's very rare to feel so much for a character at this point, considering you hardly know them.

I think a lot of people can relate to Cath in varying different ways and I like that. I wasn't shy at University, but I was introverted, I still am. And people often get confused about that, and think to be introverted you have to be shy.

But, when I joined, I remember staying in on my first night, because I just wanted to ease myself in, and I remember the feelings that Cath has at that point, and I found myself really relating to her. :)

message 6: by Sian (new)

Sian (readersrambles) | 1 comments This is my second time reading fangirl, but it's having the same effect on me as it did the first time round. I just love this book, it is so incredibly relate-able!

message 7: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Love this book and I feel like I know exactly what Cath is going through and I can't wait to read more!!