Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > House Of Night

Comments Showing 1-50 of 191 (191 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love this book....so talk on

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney These are the best books, I just finsihed #3 then I went to the librery for the 4th and someone had rented THE WHOLE SERIES!!!! Now I'm alone and deppressed without Zoey and her amazing bf's!!!

message 3: by ~Kate~ (last edited Aug 28, 2009 02:37PM) (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love this series and i cant wait for tempted i am so getting it as hardback i cant wait til next year for paperback. i will get it from waterstones and use my points lol

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments love love love them! team stark!

message 5: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah me 2

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney don't say too much....yet. I finished book 3 but I can't seem to get my hands on book 4. for my b-day my parents are buying me the whole boxset in hard cover though. I can't wait!

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments lucky you, you'll love the next ones. I think they just get better and better.

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney SO FAR THEY SEEM TOO, THE FIRST WAS GOOD. THE SECOND MADE ME BREATHLESS. THE THIRD JUST LEFT ME WANTING MORE.

SORRY I'M POSTING IN CAPS. I FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF AFTER YELLING AT HOLLY. LOL

message 9: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol
i will be getting tempted in hardback as i am not waiting til next year just to get the paperback. do you know i have just thought of another reason why england has to wait its coz they dont always sell the hardbacks they wait for the paperbacks

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney oh, really? huh, I didn't know that.

message 11: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i think its mainly waterstones i think i will have to email them it seems am a valued customer who knew lol

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, so your a valued costumer huh?

message 13: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i kinda am they sent me an email to say thank you haha.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, nice!

message 15: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I don't know if it's just me, but I'd prefer to read a paperback over hardcover just about any day. I find hardcovers are clunkier and just more difficult to lug around. For me, I think it'd be better if only paperback were sold :).

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney well, the are cheaper and the book cover on them is so annyoing, I can't read a hardcover with that on them. I have to take it off to read. But I hate it when paperback's front cover flolds backwards because of you holding the book opne.

message 17: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yeah, being that the paperbacks are cheaper is another plus to buying them. And then as you said the little cover on the hardcovers IS annoying cause it never stays in line with the book, so I too, end up taking it off to read.

You mean, you like fold the front part of the book backwards so you only see the right hand side of it?
Oh, but what I also don't like about a paperback is that when you open it really wide it makes marks in the binding! And I hate that LOL, it makes me feel like I've ruined the book.

message 18: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah paperbacks are cheaper but they take longer to come out

message 19: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's true, but I rarely end up buying a hardcover if I can get the paperback :)

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney true for me too, usually. Unless it's like my fav book that I've already read then I want it in hardcover. Like I have all 4 Twilight books in hardcover

message 21: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) splendor in paperback comes out in january so am in two minds whether i should get the hardback or not

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I just getting the hardcover, I can't wait that long!

message 23: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i think its an even longer wait for tempted so i will definately be getting that in hardback

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney me too! god, why oh why can't the libray have the 4th book? I can't wait one second longer!

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i so cant wait for tempted i think i will have so many books to read i might be able to wait til january for splendor well maybe

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I just want to know what happens so bad in Splendor! But I can wait for Tempted since I haven't even read book 4.

message 27: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) and what about book 5 aswell you need to read that one too and yeah i wanna know what happens in splendor

message 28: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Someone either toke out every single HON book from our libery or they moved them into a different section.

When does Tempted come out?

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) tempted comes out late october i think its the 29th for england but am not sure about anywhere else i think its a couple of days earlier for america

message 30: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yeah probably is, well I guess that's gonna be awhile *sigh*

message 31: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) wow, that is going to be quite awhile.

message 32: by Courtney (new)

Courtney yeah, well it gives me time to finish up to that number. Still haven't read book 4

message 33: by Courtney (last edited Sep 06, 2009 07:25PM) (new)

Courtney Hey Mackenzie you know you won most commenting person right? That whole page is just for you now.

message 34: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) oh, I have to read the first four too. I have the first book i just have to get the time to read it!

message 35: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Courtney * Vampire Extraordinaire wrote: "Hey Mackenzie you know you won most commenting person right? That whole page is just for you now."

Are you serious? :O

message 36: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Mackenzie wrote: "oh, I have to read the first four too. I have the first book i just have to get the time to read it!"

Well I've read books 1,2, and 3.

message 37: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Mackenzie wrote: "Courtney * Vampire Extraordinaire wrote: "Hey Mackenzie you know you won most commenting person right? That whole page is just for you now."

Are you serious? :O"

Yeah I'm seriuos, lol, go head and write whatever on the page!

message 38: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Haha okay, thanks! :)

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney OMG! I just read Untamed and Hunted in like 2 days! Kaloma is so sexy, so posesive, so wrong, so right, so evil, so powerful! It was a lot to take in. Oh and Stark! Wow, he is one hot guy! I totally like him better then Loren (when we still though he was nice), Erik, and Heath combined! The whole Zoey is A-ye with free will thing was totally great! And Stark pleging to her! Wow! I can not wait for the next one!

message 40: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love stark especially after reading hunted

message 41: by Courtney (last edited Oct 05, 2009 01:45PM) (new)

Courtney totally, he's sooooooooooo hot! I love that he pleged himself to Zoey! God I was hypervenilating during that scene (please excuse my poor spelling)

message 42: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) hunted? untamed? sorry, but what series is it of which you speak? bahah, im speaking so weird today. idk why. :P

message 43: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments Courtney wrote: "OMG! I just read Untamed and Hunted in like 2 days! Kaloma is so sexy, so posesive, so wrong, so right, so evil, so powerful! It was a lot to take in. Oh and Stark! Wow, he is one hot guy! I totall..."

Courtney...after reading your comment....NOW I HAVE to read these books!

message 44: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Kat wrote: "Courtney wrote: "OMG! I just read Untamed and Hunted in like 2 days! Kaloma is so sexy, so posesive, so wrong, so right, so evil, so powerful! It was a lot to take in. Oh and Stark! Wow, he is one ..."

they are good books : )

message 45: by Courtney (new)

Courtney To answer your question Maxkenzie, these are all part of the House of Night series. My current fav vampire book. The 6th one comes out October 27.

And Kat, you have to read these. The first isn't that amazing. The second is good. The third is great. The fourth rocks. And the fifth has me completly and utterly obsessed. But I do like them alll.

message 46: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, haha I thought so. LOL I realized after at the top of my screen it says "House of Night". XD. I have the first book, but I haven't had the time to read it yet!

message 47: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Yeah, you should. I can't WAIT for the 6th book.

message 48: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I will, once I've gotten through the other two dozen I've got sitting aside.

message 49: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Lol, that's how I feel. So many books, so little time.

message 50: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Exactly. If there wasn't such thing as SCHOOL, I'd have so much more time for books, honestly.

« previous 1 3 4