What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Possibly Russian book about Koschei - not Valente's Deathless

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalab) | 2 comments Hi All,

I'm looking for a book that I read slightly before I read Valente's Deathless (5 years ago?). I believe it was a translation from Russian to English, and a little bit older (perhaps 50s-60s). This book deals with the Koschei the Deathless myth, but I don't think he was the main character. I don't think it's The Red Fairy Book that I've been running across, because I don't remember it being in a collection of stories. At this point I'd just be happy to find anything in translation to English that deals with the Koschei myth, so all suggestions are welcome. Any ideas?

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1227 comments Probably not it -it's not a translation and it's more recent- but Firebird by Mercedes Lackey has that tale as part of the story.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalab) | 2 comments Thanks - I've added it to my list. It looks interesting.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Lisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments James Branch Cabell James Branch Cabell used Koschei as a character in his books.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Lisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.