NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > What are "Reviewer Exclusives"?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Em__Jay (new)

Em__Jay | 26 comments I am looking at the Find Titles page on Netgalley and the menu down the LHS allows you to browse for Reviewer Exclusives.

Does anyone know what makes these titles exclusive?

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljroach) | 6 comments My understanding is that the publisher is specifically looking for professional reviewer/blogger reviews, so the books are not available to people with librarian/bookseller/media accounts. I might be wrong but this is my interpretation of the information they provide in the help section: https://bit.ly/2KweFCl

message 3: by Em__Jay (new)

Em__Jay | 26 comments Laura wrote: "My understanding is that the publisher is specifically looking for professional reviewer/blogger reviews, so the books are not available to people with librarian/bookseller/media accounts. I might ..."

Thanks for the info and the link.
I even looked on the site and could not find any info. My research skills need improvement.

message 4: by Donna (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:35PM) (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) | 115 comments Em__Jay wrote: "Laura wrote: "My understanding is that the publisher is specifically looking for professional reviewer/blogger reviews, so the books are not available to people with librarian/bookseller/media acco..."

After a certain amount of time, you'll notice--if you haven't already--that you enjoy books from certain publishers more than others. Also, once you are pre-approved by some publishers, it's easier to get their titles without waiting for someone to review your request. I have settled into a routine where I go straight to "Browse Publishers" when I am galley shopping. If I only have a small amount of time or if I'm being choosy, I look only at my very favorite 3-5 publishers; if I am web-surfing and have time to kill, and if my supply of DRCs is running low, then I take my time and cast a wider net. Out of all the methods I've used, this is the one most likely to leave me satisfied.

You can also search for favorite authors using the search page, but be sure to change the second window from the default (My Titles) to instead read "All of Net Galley". Even if your author doesn't have anything new right now, you can find out whether they are ever on NG because their past-available titles will also show up. This is how, a couple of memorable summers ago, I managed to score a Sue Grafton (X) and Sara Paretsky too, which was my idea of paradise.