A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3) A Grimm Warning discussion

The Masked Man

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So at the end of the book, we found out that Alex and Conner's dad is still alive and is also a ruthless criminal known as the Masked Man. But how did their dad live through the car accident? And I just find it sort of strange how he's so nonchalant about killing both his children. Did he know about them, because I think even in jail it's hard to not get news of two heroes from the Otherworld (that is not something that happens every day).
He also tried to steal from his own mother, the Fairy Godmother. So the Fairy Godmother had to have known his real identity, which is why I'm wondering how the Masked Man and the twins hadn't known about each other.
Also, since he had a child with Bo Beep, does that mean that Alex and Conner have a sibling?
I can't stop think about this so suspicions would be more than welcome.

message 2: by Sakura (new)

Sakura land of stories fan I know right.
I refuse to believe that their dad is acutaually the masked man. for example: the masked man was in jail for 10 years. I believe their father died when they were 10. also, from what alex and Conner says, their father is very kind.then there's the relationship with bo peep. I feel it is very unlikely. but when alex said "The masked man-it was dad." she seemed so certain. unless the masked man is some sort of twin.

all these pieces just don't seem to fit together right. I can't beleive CC ended the book with such a cliffhanger. I don't think I can wait a whole year to find out more! :(

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Authors who write series love to be evil.

But I remember that in the first book, it said that time went by faster in the fairy tale world, so that might explain why their dad was in jail for ten years. But I still don't understand why he became evil. I really wish I would get an epiphany that would answer all my questions, instead of having to wait over 300 days for the next book.... I need to find another book to distract me.

Gianna No i don't think they have a sibling because even though the masked man and bo bo had a child didn't one of the princesses find one the baby and name her ash.or was that a different child she found anyways I still don't believe they will have a sibling because the 2 never got married I think.

message 5: by Sakura (new)

Sakura land of stories fan do you think bo peep and the masked man's child could be the other heir to magic?

Emma I couldn't believe that the masked man is their father!!!!!!!!!! I had to read the page over like 10 times!!!!!!!!!!

ella Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man and bo peep's child. Maybe the time difference affected how he was in prison for ten years? Also, maybe when the fairy godmother said, "Alex could never know..." And all that, she possibly was talking about him. It's very confusing!!!

Emma Ella wrote: "Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man and bo peep's child. Maybe the time difference affected how he wa..."

good observation!

ella Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man and bo peep's child. Maybe the time difference affec..."

Thanks, Emma, I could go on forever with the book!

message 10: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Ella wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man and bo peep's child. Maybe the time dif..."
Me too!

ella Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man and bo peep's child. Maybe..."

Chris did SO many cliffhangers in this book!!! And we have to wait until JULY (july? Seriously?) for them to be answered!!! I am not happy.

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Ella wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man and bo peep's..."

I read that the book will be out in June 2015, but that is still along time to wait!!!!!!

ella Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Emma wrote: "Ella wrote: "Yeah, I still can't believe it's him. At least, we think it's him. Lots of people seem to be saying that Emmerich is the masked man ..."

Where did you read that? Can you maybe reply the website?

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I forget sorry I might be wrong:(

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Before i say anything i would just like to tell the people that havent read the 4th book "beyond the kingdoms" yet to not read this comment. In the 4th book one chapter is in the perspective of a potion mistress named Morina. In this section we learn that the fairy godmother had not only one son but two, Jhon and lloyd who apparently twins. The masked man is not john and it is not emmerich. i hope this answerd some of your questions and im Sorry if this spolied anything you guys just seemed very confused about the masked and i was to until i read the 4th book.

Patricialogan8 Anya wrote: "So at the end of the book, we found out that Alex and Conner's dad is still alive and is also a ruthless criminal known as the Masked Man. But how did their dad live through the car accident? And I..."

It is just as disturbing that LLoyd would want to kill his niece and nephew

Patricialogan8 Anya wrote: "So at the end of the book, we found out that Alex and Conner's dad is still alive and is also a ruthless criminal known as the Masked Man. But how did their dad live through the car accident? And I..."

The Masked Man was their uncle, but he is evil

message 18: by Denise (last edited Feb 18, 2016 11:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise Maybe Alex and Conner aren't the only pair of twins in the family?

Patricialogan8 Chris Colfer is far from evil