Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Between the Lies

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy DeKok (joyedekok) | 4 comments My book, Between the Lies isn't showing up although I've added it to my list. Here is the information:

Between the Lies - Book 1 in the Northern Lights Series
Author: Joy DeKok
ASIN: B00JJ17EPK
ISBN-10: 0615981747
ISBN-13: 978-0615981741
Publisher: Infusion Publishing
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Between-Lies-Bo...

Thank you,
Joy

message 2: by Philip (last edited Aug 02, 2014 03:58PM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments The book already exists. The reason it is not showing up under your Author Profile is because it was released with Joy DeKok as the Author Name, not Joy E. DeKok.

In fact it looks like the Author name on a number of your books needs changed (Primary author is supposed to be what is on the cover, that is GR policy). If you want to claim the other profile Joy DeKok you can, but will need to use a different email address.

Link to book:

message 3: by Deon (last edited Aug 02, 2014 04:12PM) (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3399 comments Philip,

actually these profiles can be merged/renamed

Joy DeKok books can be become Joy E. DeKok.
but Joy E. DeKok books shouldn't be renamed to Joy DeKok

IF the author is not intentionally keeping these book profiles separate, but it doesn't not appear to be that in this case

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I have always seen rivka and others say that what is on the cover is who should be listed as the primary author.

message 5: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Deon,

BTW, sorry I think I may have over wrote a change of your's or 2, when I created the Series for that book and was making the book names match.

message 6: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3399 comments I will find an instant this has happened and post back

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Deon, I see you are a super. If you could you may want to merge/delete the duplicate Kindle version of that book.

message 8: by Deon (last edited Aug 02, 2014 04:47PM) (new)

message 9: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3399 comments extra kindle gone

message 10: by Philip (last edited Aug 02, 2014 04:58PM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Thanks for the Clariffication, Guess we need to have those 2 profiles merged then. I had moved the one set of books, so I could combine them all. I will post it to the Merge GR profile thread. I see you already did.

message 11: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3399 comments i have requested these profile be merged
(there is a fan)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 12: by Joy (new)

Joy DeKok (joyedekok) | 4 comments Thanks! It's working now.