CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Halfway Celebration! > Mini Challenge #4: Favorite Favorite

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 755 comments Mod
What has been your favorite book you've read so far this year?

I've been really bad about reading regular books, focusing instead on a lot of manga and graphic novels. So my favorite book so far has actually been Batman Vol. 5: The Rules of Engagement. Because what I need in my life is Lois Lane and Selina Kyle as best friends. That book had me laughing so hard, I couldn't breathe. I think I read the entire thing out loud to my roommate because I had to share it with someone.

Fingers crossed I find a regular book like that before the year is up!

Batman, Volume 5 Rules of Engagement by Tom King

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments Annihilation. I have read a lot of good books this year though.

message 3: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha By far, He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly. I have recommended it over and over!
He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 480 comments Not counting the mysteries, I think my favorite would be The Graves are Walking: The Great Famine and the Saga of the Irish People. Definitely a book to make you think (and really, really tick you off). The other nonfiction I've read have been very informative as well.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 58 comments My favorite so far was Ready Player One because my non-reader husband read it after me in only 2 days! Getting to share my love of reading with him has improved my life. He's since then read 2 more books and seems to be making it a habit to carry a book with him. It was an amazing book though, but I still haven't watched the movie.

message 7: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
I haven’t had a favorite.... they’ve all been ok.....