What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Firestorm (Caretaker, #1)
This topic is about Firestorm
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy/Adventure/Mystery. Boy runs to NYC away from bad men who killed the parents he thought were his real parents. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor | 6 comments The author I think is a man. I also believe the main character’s name is Jack (but I could be wrong). His parents are killed in the very beginning of the book and he runs through a forest because the people who killed his parents are chasing him. He gets in a canoe and paddles across a lake. He escapes to NYC and gets tricked by a woman in a hotel who is some sort of creature. Either in the first or second book he is trained by a ninja to become a ninja in a barn. It was somewhat of a popular series when it first came out. I also think in the beginning of the book he sees his picture on a missing children's website and finds out his parents aren't his real parents, they are good people who raised him under a different name to protect him. These are the parents that are killed. After this is when all of the chaos ensues.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36614 comments Mod
Eleanor, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What are the fantasy elements?

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor | 6 comments I read this around the year 2014.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Was the book new-ish in 2014, or was it some time earlier? Approximately when, if you can tell us... Thanks!

message 5: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor | 6 comments New-ish in 2014

message 6: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor | 6 comments I’ve figured it out, it’s Firestorm by David Klass.

message 7: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1387 comments Thanks for letting us know. Firestorm by David Klass.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Firestorm (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Klass (other topics)