The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENTS > Upcoming Posting Requirement Change

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
Just a heads up!

Starting with the Fall challenge, we are changing the posting requirements so that only one task may be included in a post. No more mega posts!

We wanted to give you an early heads up on this, so that if you are in the habit of posting more than one task per post, you will know that this will not be accepted as of 9/1. We know that it can be hard to change habits, so you may want to start trying to change this now, when posts won't be rejected if they contain more than one task. This way, you have a couple months to start changing your habit, if you don't want to go cold turkey in September!

message 2: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2698 comments Hopefully that will make your lives easier!

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16715 comments Mod
Trish wrote: "Hopefully that will make your lives easier!"

Thanks, Trish, that's the idea!

message 4: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments Oh goodness I am going to have to work at this

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Marie (UK) wrote: "Oh goodness I am going to have to work at this"

That's why we're giving plenty of warning.

message 6: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (anne21) What about if there are 2 or 3 books in a task?

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7922 comments One task per post (regardless of number of books)

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim | 694 comments I'm not thrilled with this change, as oftentimes I don't decide which books go with which tasks until I've read several books.
However, as long as I can create multiple single-task posts in one sitting, I can make this work.

message 9: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2749 comments Kim wrote: "I'm not thrilled with this change, as oftentimes I don't decide which books go with which tasks until I've read several books.
However, as long as I can create multiple single-task posts in one si..."

I am with you Kim but we will get used to it I am sure

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7922 comments I started doing it this past week - it’s not hard - before I hit post - I copy my point info for the next post - I think I did about 5 in a row

message 11: by Roxana (new)

Roxana Dreptu (lamelemon) | 92 comments I'm sorry for having just posted 5 books at once - I've only seen this now. This will encourage me to be more active on the group and post updates as soon as completing tasks. Thanks!

message 12: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 655 comments For the number challenged among us, it's easier because I don't have to try to get them into the right order, which somehow I usually did wrong

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7922 comments streamlining - 1 task one post - will likely reduce reviewing time significantly

message 14: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1530 comments I have been doing this recently and it makes my posting easier, it has to be tons easier for you.

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie If we're going to post multiple things in one sitting as people have described above, do we still need to keep the tasks in numerical order? Like if I need to update for 3 different tasks, should I post the earliest one first, or will that no longer be a big deal for you guys?

message 16: by Sandy (new)

Jackie wrote: "If we're going to post multiple things in one sitting as people have described above, do we still need to keep the tasks in numerical order? Like if I need to update for 3 different tasks, should I..."

It's still a little easier, but doesn't matter so much. It was truly a nightmare when we got posts with 10 tasks in random order, but as long as it's all in separate posts, it's not a big deal.

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Sandy wrote: "Jackie wrote: "If we're going to post multiple things in one sitting as people have described above, do we still need to keep the tasks in numerical order? Like if I need to update for 3 different ..."

I'll try to be helpful where I can then. I'm about to go offload a whole pile of them since I just joined.

message 18: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments EEK!!! - C-C-Cold Turkey!!!

I'm sure I am one of the offenders. I hope this new rule will help you all out.

Will you still be updating the readerboard every 50 posts?

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Sheila wrote: "EEK!!! - C-C-Cold Turkey!!!

I'm sure I am one of the offenders. I hope this new rule will help you all out.

Will you still be updating the readerboard every 50 posts?"

most likely - that's a nice easy stopping spot.

message 20: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 1544 comments Kudos to the mods for keeping track of our posts and keeping everything running smoothly for all the members. We are happy to do whatever we can to ease the burden on our mods, and this is a simple thing.

message 21: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 955 comments Hear, hear!

message 22: by Amber (new)

Amber J (amberisreading) | 38 comments So just to be clear, every time a single task is completed, a post has to be made in the respective thread with the necessary details?

message 23: by Sandy (last edited Aug 30, 2018 02:13AM) (new)

Tiffani wrote: "So just to be clear, every time a single task is completed, a post has to be made in the respective thread with the necessary details?"

Each task must be in its own post. Whether you post it when you complete it is up to you, although it's obviously easier for the mods if there's an ongoing flow of task postings, rather than a flood of tasks all at the last minute.

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber J (amberisreading) | 38 comments Sandy wrote: "Tiffani wrote: "So just to be clear, every time a single task is completed, a post has to be made in the respective thread with the necessary details?"

Each task must be in its own post. Whether y..."

Ok, noted. Hopefully I get it right!